Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Don't speed on Rt 209

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    yeah you got REALLLY lucky, pretty sure going 25 over the speed limit would get you in some serious trouble...
    Especially after reading what thhe Fed's fine schedule is...That's why I like cruise control!

In high school I used to fly on those roads, since I had to drive them at least twice a day to get to and from school. I remember a few times racing home from friends houses to try and beat that 11:00 curfew and breaking some land speed records coming through the park. I was always more worried about deer than rangers though. I received one ticket in the park for 65 in a 35, and another right at the south entrance doing 69 in a 35. I was young and dumb back then, and have since slowed down my driving a lot, but it is really easy to speed on those roads and not realize it.

While the fines are pretty steep (especially for 30+ over the limit) the good side of being stopped by the Park Rangers is they won't take away your license and no points go on your license. As long as you send them your check they don't care.

(Monroe County)

I spent a summer working in the DWGNRA as a fee collector. One of my favorite speed trap stories was one where the rangers would take and old tan 4 door and park it on the road with the hood up. (broken down) One ranger would sit in a lawn chair, as if he was waiting for a tow, with a radar gun in his lap. They are some crafty fellows. I also advise against speeding through the park zone. Unless of course you are driving a park vehicle. I suggest the NJ side of the park. There are some freshly paved roads that make for some fun driving.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    The other interesting thing is the NPS is one of the only areas in Pa that has moving radar. They`ve had it since the mid 80`s.
    The DRPA has it too on the four PA/NJ bridges they run, and not just ON the bridge, they patrol the approaches too, they have a 4 mile stretch that goes from the Oregon Ave. exit of I-76 all the way up to the Walt Whitman bridge straight thru south Philly.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by reichebrown View Post
    I spent a summer working in the DWGNRA as a fee collector.
    Do you know my friend Jenn? Blond female Ranger.

(Monroe County)

I worked primarily on the NJ side and that was when the had east west zones. By the end of the summer they converted to North south zones in the Park. I vaguely remember a blond ranger stationed on the PA side. I only worked weekends.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    Gee, the Ho Chi Minn is boring at 35MPH! Last time I drove from Port Jervis to Marshalls Creek I was hiting 60...I guess that has to stop! Cruise Control is your friend...
    If I am riding the whole way up the river through the park I normally use Old mine Road on the NJ side, never see a ranger patroling over there. Plus on a motorcycle you can make great time since there is never any traffic and if you do get behind someone just make your own passing zone. ;-)

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by NShortino View Post
    In high school I used to fly on those roads, since I had to drive them at least twice a day to get to and from school. I remember a few times racing home from friends houses to try and beat that 11:00 curfew and breaking some land speed records coming through the park. I was always more worried about deer than rangers though. I received one ticket in the park for 65 in a 35, and another right at the south entrance doing 69 in a 35. I was young and dumb back then, and have since slowed down my driving a lot, but it is really easy to speed on those roads and not realize it.

While the fines are pretty steep (especially for 30+ over the limit) the good side of being stopped by the Park Rangers is they won't take away your license and no points go on your license. As long as you send them your check they don't care.
    Keep in mind if you don't pay them, they will send a couple of nice guys from the U.S. Marshals Service to collect, remeber it is a federal ticket.

(Monroe County)

Wait till Bambi decides to cross with her whole family right in your path.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Wait till Bambi decides to cross with her whole family right in your path.
    Deer don't bother me when I am on a motorcycle, I keep alert. Considering I motorcycle around North America I have had deer, moose, elk, bear, bison, free range cattle and even a few humans dart out in front of me over the years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast