Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: MidwayUSA - overcharged me $717!

I don't believe this is Midway's fault. From their warehouse perspective it just looks like you ordered 4 boxes of stuff.

If I was working for them I would have offered to send a prepaid shipping label but would not have refunded the money until the items were returned.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    I don't believe this is Midway's fault. From their warehouse perspective it just looks like you ordered 4 boxes of stuff.

If I was working for them I would have offered to send a prepaid shipping label but would not have refunded the money until the items were returned.
    I concur, in fact Kudos to Midway for working with you to refund some of your money immediately.

In all honesty I’m afraid this is the OP’s fault. We all know about the potential for accidental duplicate online orders. If I had any hiccups during the order process it would be prudent to call immediately to clear up any errors.

Hope it all works out.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Philadelphia County)

Sorry to hear about the wrongful charges.
    Hopefully you don't get jammed up with any overdraft charges or whatnot.

I'm sure Midway will make it right.

Having spent thousands there as well, 4 of the last 6 order I've received in the last few months have been missing products and looking like they've been packed by monkeys (primers rattling loose, product boxes crushed etc)

There were no signs of tampering on the carriers end (either UPS or USPS) so it was weird that items were missing.

Everything was painlessly remedied with a phone call, but I felt weird after it happened the 3rd time and I had to call and say "I'm missing X,Y and Z items". Surprisingly I wasn't even questioned.

I ran one of the big 5 in the MI (music instrument) industry.
    There were often instances of doubled orders and when an order like this would come up an employee would contact the customer to confirm the order. Often time it was a website error as shown here.

I know accidents happen (on midways end), but chances are this order was packed and labeled by the same employee and probably should have been caught manually if not by any computerized inventory system.

Just my opinion.

As other have said, contact somebody explain why you're going to take you business elsewhere. I have a feeling it will be resolved to your expectations.

Across the board, I have found the firearms industry to have the best customer service, bar none.

(Allegheny County)

Last year I ordered some camera accessories from an online company because they had good prices and the "guy" had been sent a few emails explaining different filters. Some of the stuff was a gift for my daughter so I wanted the whole package to be sent to her address as I was going to be visiting soon. I put in my address for billing and her address for shipping. I knew that I had done her shipping address because I checked the house number since I often transposed two digits.

So I get there and there's no package. Next day, no package. Days 3 and 4, no package. I return home and there's the package.

So I sent an email, explaining the situation. I hadn't paid for shipping and I explained that I didn't want any compensation for the screw up. I just wanted to alert them to a possible bug in their software.

The next day, the owner of the company calls and instead of saying, "I'm sorry, we'll look into it." He starts yelling at me how their software can't make mistakes like that and I have some nerve blaming my mistake on their computer. I hung up on him.

Nothing like good customer service.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    So I sent an email, explaining the situation. I hadn't paid for shipping and I explained that I didn't want any compensation for the screw up. I just wanted to alert them to a possible bug in their software.

The next day, the owner of the company calls and instead of saying, "I'm sorry, we'll look into it." He starts yelling at me how their software can't make mistakes like that and I have some nerve blaming my mistake on their computer. I hung up on him.
    I've never had someone yell at my like that, but I have found that it's completely pointless to try and give a company a friendly heads up that something may be broken. It doesn't seem like the customer support people at most companies have any way of reporting a technical or procedural problem to those with the power to do something about it.

I will say that more companies should put in some sort of system to detect unusual transaction activity. If the same customer places the same exact order over and over again in a short time period, that should be a red flag that something isn't quite right.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Yeah , what the others said, NEVER use the back button, the computer will see it as a seperate transaction, its better to cancel the order and start over untill it works. I pay pretty much much all my bills on line and my bank warn not to use the back button.

Midway is a reputable company they will work it out, too bad you will be out of your money untill they received back the packages.
    I would never hit the back button normally. I do all my bills online (except those that charge extra to do so)... But, in this case. The instructions on the error message (from midway, not from my web browser) said to do so... so I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    If you decline overdraft protection then you will be charged fees? It`s early and maybe I`m not getting this statement.

Never hit submit more then once and never use the back button once you`ve gotten that far along in the transaction.

Don`t use the debit card either. Tie a credit card(one that extends warranties and id protection) then tie it to PayPal and use PP whenever you can.
    Using a CC tied to PP this would be resolved like yesterday.
    Paypal may be safe... but fuck paypal. Again FUCK paypal. They are a miserable, greedy, anti-gun company.

While I was deployed to Afghanistan, we used paypal to pay for our internet (since it was through a shady Afghani company). I called paypal prior to leaving telling them while in Afghanistan, he EXACT amount that was going to be deposited and withdrawn and the approximate dates. When I was there, I collected all the money and when i went to send it in. The account was locked. I call them and they tell me there is suspicious behavior on the account. Really? What behavior is that? They tell me there has been large deposits and transactions. They were the ones I called them about and told them to expect. They couldn't unlock my account for several days. My account was unlocked, but when I sent the payment, the company never received it. I checked back a couple of days later and my account was locked again. They put a hold on the money because it was sent from Afghanistan, which looked fraudulent. So, for the third time, I told them it was me and to let it go through. Again, it took several days to unlock.

At this point, one of the guys found another way to pay... so I called paypal before the money was sent and told them I wanted the money back and that I was done dealing with their bullshit. They told me they would send me a letter and I would have to sign it and send it back to get the money refunded. I explained to them that mail often took 2-3 weeks to arrive and that long to get it sent out. That timeline was unacceptable. I told them I transferred the money in from a bank account and I wanted it transferred back. They flat out refused after I talked to customer service, to their managers, and that manager's manager. I could not get my money back and they would not work with me even though I was deployed there and had extenuating circumstances.

Again, they are anti-gun (read rule number 2)

FUCK paypal

For those of you who insist this was my fault. So be it. Damn me for following Midway's online instructions.

One thing I will say, however, is I should have called to double check that my order went through without any problems.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    I would never hit the back button normally. I do all my bills online (except those that charge extra to do so)... But, in this case. The instructions on the error message (from midway, not from my web browser) said to do so... so I did.

Paypal may be safe... but fuck paypal. Again FUCK paypal. They are a miserable, greedy, anti-gun company.

While I was deployed to Afghanistan, we used paypal to pay for our internet (since it was through a shady Afghani company). I called paypal prior to leaving telling them while in Afghanistan, he EXACT amount that was going to be deposited and withdrawn and the approximate dates. When I was there, I collected all the money and when i went to send it in. The account was locked. I call them and they tell me there is suspicious behavior on the account. Really? What behavior is that? They tell me there has been large deposits and transactions. They were the ones I called them about and told them to expect. They couldn't unlock my account for several days. My account was unlocked, but when I sent the payment, the company never received it. I checked back a couple of days later and my account was locked again. They put a hold on the money because it was sent from Afghanistan, which looked fraudulent. So, for the third time, I told them it was me and to let it go through. Again, it took several days to unlock.

At this point, one of the guys found another way to pay... so I called paypal before the money was sent and told them I wanted the money back and that I was done dealing with their bullshit. They told me they would send me a letter and I would have to sign it and send it back to get the money refunded. I explained to them that mail often took 2-3 weeks to arrive and that long to get it sent out. That timeline was unacceptable. I told them I transferred the money in from a bank account and I wanted it transferred back. They flat out refused after I talked to customer service, to their managers, and that manager's manager. I could not get my money back and they would not work with me even though I was deployed there and had extenuating circumstances.

FUCK paypal

For those of you who insist this was my fault. So be it. Damn me for following Midway's online instructions.

One thing I will say, however, is I should have called to double check that my order went through without any problems.
    while i do think you share some responsibility for the midwayusa situation i do agree with you 100% about "FUCK PAYPAL". i've read numerous stories like yours and it amazes me that people, especially gun owners, continue to use them which helps fund anti-gun groups.

(Monroe County)

I have never dealt with Midway...higher prices than I wa able to buy elseware and shipping was not cheap either.

(Allegheny County)

I use PayPal because I use ebaY and that's the easiest way to pay.

As for anti-gun, I don't know. They just want to avoid getting embroiled in some legal battle where some idiot teenager bought a gun online from another idiot who didn't bother involving an FFL.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post

FUCK paypal

Don`t know how I didn`t see that. I just emailed PP and they say they will get back in 24. If in fact I can`t use PP to pay for legit firearms and ammo purchases from legit vendors I`ll be canceling my account. Thanks for the heads up.

I just always liked that extra layer of security although my card has safeguards.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast