Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: MidwayUSA - overcharged me $717!

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    not true all you have to do is decline over draft protection.
    If you decline overdraft protection then you will be charged fees? It`s early and maybe I`m not getting this statement.

Never hit submit more then once and never use the back button once you`ve gotten that far along in the transaction.

Don`t use the debit card either. Tie a credit card(one that extends warranties and id protection) then tie it to PayPal and use PP whenever you can.
    Using a CC tied to PP this would be resolved like yesterday.

(Franklin County)

not really defending midwayusa but what's to stop some unscrupulous person from keeping all the goods after they've received reimbursement?? if you sold a firearm via the net and for whatever reason the buyer wasn't satisfied and requested you refund him his money would you send him his money back before he returned the gun to you????? a good idea to avoid this type of thing in the future is to get a checking account and only deposit enough cash in it to cover the cost of your purchase.
    I'd like to think an established customer with a great record would mean something more.

Great educational info about online ordering~maybe I'll have to breakdown and get a credit card to use for this sort of thing.
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Northampton County)

I would be pissed, too. I can understand that since it was THEIR website that made this happen.

Unfortunately, Midway probably has no way of knowing what happened. I'm stunned they refunded ANY of your money before receiving the returns. I'm not at all surprised they wouldn't send you $700 while their merchandise was sitting in your house. This is just one of those situations where everybody has to give a little to fix it, even if one party is not at fault.

I had a very similar experience (not with Midway). Ordered something online and it did not go through. Checked my email and I got an email but it did not say my order was confirmed. Had to do it three more times. The fourth time I got a different email - the only one saying my order was confirmed, and providing a total for 1 item. It seemed pretty clear to me I was only charged once and not 4 times.

Not so. They hit me for an extra $1,050.

This is why I call to place my order to confirm I'm getting exactly what I want.
    And I always use a C.C, more recourse.
    I feel for ya O.P. The fact that they would even refund one charge tells midway is a good place to do business with.

(Venango County)

I had a similar experiance with HP computers ordered one web page said order didnt go thru so I went thru and did it again 2 days later I have 2 computers on my porch. Hp credited my account as soon as I gave them a tracking number showing I had shipped the second one back and they gave me a 10% discount on the first computer because their web page caused the problem !

(Delaware County)

for what it's worth .....

I placed an order with Midway about an hour ago and have yet to receive the confirmation email, HOWEVER, when checking my account on the Midway site the order is there, in "processing".

(Allegheny County)

not true all you have to do is decline over draft protection.
    At my bank "overdraft protection" is a way to avoid overdraft fees, by tying your checking account to another account. Otherwise, you're stuck paying them.

There are a lot of shady bank practices in this regard. I think there might be some recent "consumer protection" legislation in the works recently, but I don't remember if it passed.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Centre County)

I've been in situations like this before. I always ask them to mail me a shipping label so I have no out-of-pocket shipping costs up front, and they are happy to do so.

(Allegheny County)

would you send him his money back before he returned the gun to you?????
    I bought a gun over the internet about 10 years ago and the shipped the gun and I had it before I had a chance to mail the check. Talk about a trusting soul.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    At my bank "overdraft protection" is a way to avoid overdraft fees, by tying your checking account to another account. Otherwise, you're stuck paying them.

There are a lot of shady bank practices in this regard. I think there might be some recent "consumer protection" legislation in the works recently, but I don't remember if it passed.
    at my bank if you decline overdraft protection you don't pay any additional fees. i keep just enough money in the account to keep it open and deposit money in it only when i order something on line.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast