Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Pulled over while CC,State PoliceX2

If the leo was one foot from your weapon, And you say both your hands where on the wheel(correct???) You posed no threat, and were compling with the other leo who has asked for your ID reg and Insurance correct??? I would have not gave him consent to disarm me, Or informed him that i had another weapon in the car..Especialy If its out of sight. Now everytime that leo pulls someone over who's carrying, He is going to try to disarm the person Because he thinks it the right thing to do. You doin this, makes it harder for those who stand up for themselves,and their rights.

(Montgomery County)

Unhappy Re: Pulled over while CC,State PoliceX2

Man you guys are hardcore,there is no way I'm gonna risk my freedom,family security,lawyers fees,incarceration,injury to play a game of "i dont want to tell you".

(Bucks County)

The man made a decision to tell the trooper he was armed. He has no problem with the outcome so there is no reason to berate him for it.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by tomgun1 View Post
    Man you guys are hardcore,there is no way I'm gonna risk my freedom,family security,lawyers fees,incarceration,injury to play a game of "i dont want to tell you".
    it's not about being hardcore; i'm sorry if i came off like an asshole, but...well, i am an asshole, but that's not the point. the point is, you had no reason to tell him you were armed, especially if he would have seen it, anyway. and, you're perfectly within your rights to not give consent at having you property seized. it's not a game; you won't get arrested for denying consent. they might still take it, but then you have a basis for litigation.

don't feel bad; last year was the first time i had my gun taken from me during a traffic stop. my friends here chewed me out good, and i knew better for the next time. we're just letting you know what your rights are; we don't mean to be mean.

(Montgomery County)

i think ill repeat my actions if i am ever in the same situation,being an ass is what gives you pleasure go for it.

(Lackawanna County)

i think ill repeat my actions if i am ever in the same situation,being an ass is what gives you pleasure go for it.
    well, then, fair enough. i think i'll do what is right next time; if having your civil liberties being violated is what gives you pleasure, go for it.

(Allegheny County)

Can you prove you were somewhere else at the time stamped on the ticket? I knew a guy who beat a ticket because the plate # on the ticket had a wrong digit.
    NRA Life Member-NRA Range Safety Officer

(Montgomery County)

Your rights aside there is a very important aspect I think the OP is missing, safety. When you are being disarmed (of your hopefully loaded weapon), you and the public are at risk. You are at risk of being shot by your own weapon "accidentally" (all cops are not gun nuts, and none of the State Police are trained on 1911's or many many other platforms commonly carried by citizens) or another person could be shot and you could be drug into the lawsuit. You probably think that is crazy, right? It is not an unreasonable conclusion to come to when litigating in civil court. Sure, you might not get a judgment against you but do you have 30-100k to defend yourself from such civil litigation? No, you do not get a lawyer provided to you in civil court by the state or municipality. No lawyer means you lose.

Encouraging a police officer to disarm you is irresponsible and poses a liability risk. There was no need for it.

Back to your civil rights... a traffic stop is not probable cause to disarm you, search your car, run your serial number on your gun, check you for an underwear bomb or submit you to any other kind of search or seizure. A minor traffic stop has been upheld in the courts many times to not grant "carte blanche" to the police. If you do not exercise your rights they will not be there for you or your children or for the rest of us.

The intent of my post here is to inform you and to help you learn more on this topic. I have two assignments for you to become not only a better bearer of firearms but to also better inform you of your rights as an American.

1. Watch this video:

2. Read the Bill of Rights:
    http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

That is all.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Bucks County)

if you're going to roll over any time someone wants to violate your rights, dont carry. you will make it harder for people ( LEO's too ) to understand and respect our rights.
    Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Respect LEO's for what they do, but demand respect from them.
    Read The 5000 Year Leap

(Allegheny County)

you should do what you feel is right.

however, it is completely unfair and inaccurate to label not informing as "being an ass".

if your gun is well-concealed, not informing will result in nothing. the officer/trooper will never know you have it.

informing, on the other hand, may result in having your gun taken. hopefully, as happened in your case, you will get it back at the end of the stop, but it does not always go down that way. even if you do, though, there has been unnecessary gun handling (often by an individual who shoots a gun once a year)--which is inherently less safe than not having unnecessary gun handling. further, you were rendered less able to defend yourself for a period of time.

frankly, unless you are asked to exit the vehicle or the gun is not reasonably well concealed, informing is much more likely to adversely effect your safety than not informing.

there isn't any "being an ass" about it.
    F*S=k

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast