Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: LTCF and Hunting

I seriously doubt any warden doesn't know about the new law/regulations allowing permit holders to carry while hunting. And as far as scouting goes, Has this EVER been an issue? Might be bear in them woods, and if you piss it off, well, better have something more than a stick......

You are obviously carrying a self defense firearm and unless your one hell of a shot I really don't see how anyone would even consider it hunting with most semi-auto pistols, hell a deer on the run at even 10 yds, (i.e 30 ft.) you are NOT going to hit, and if you do, not cleanly.

Regardless, it is all laid out in the hunting digest, and even makes mention that you ARE allowed to posses your SELF DEFENSE firearm while spotlighting, and that was one of the ones that would always get your ass nailed by the PGC, having a loaded firearm while spotlighting, which in itself is really just scouting.....so no, I see no problems with carrying while you scout, set up blinds, etc......but if you have any doubt's READ the hunting and trapping digest, and if you still don't know, they list the contact info in it for the PGC and of course you can always look up the info online for your regional officers and ask them directly......

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: LTCF and Hunting

Don't get caught up with the idea that a self-defense weapon only means a semi-auto pistol. Lots of people carry small frame revolvers for self-defense.

But again, its going to take a lot more than the mere fact you are in possession of a handgun to be charged with "hunting". As the previous poster said, you can now carry while spot lighting (must have a LTC) and where do people do most of their spot lighting?? Roads running through SGL's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12