Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Elk County)

Default Re: terrible experience with walmart ammo

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    . . . On my way out I was about to approach the manager but he seemed so busy with trying to get the cashiers to do their jobs I figured it would have been rude of me to stress him out in another way . . .

No offense, but IMO customer satisfaction is the store manager's first priority. I would have camped a few feet off his port quarter until he asked if he could help me, then I'd have asked to go somewhere privately and related my experience. That would have given him a chance to make things right.

Maybe you had other things to do at the time that prevented sticking around. When faced with similar situations, I don't take "No," explicit or implied, for an answer and I don't give up.

In fact, my standard response in those situations is to "put the eyes" on the clerk for about 10 seconds, then say, "You don't recognize me, do you?" Invariably they get a scruntched-up look and say, "No." After 3 to 5 seconds I say, "I didn't think so. I'm a CUS-TOM-ER." Making sure to stretch out the word. "Without customers, businesses fail. Where's your manager?"

Noah

(Monroe County)

WM even being the number one retailer takes customer service very serious. I know a store manager and it`s not something they will just dismiss,

(Chester County)

Thanks so much for the input guys and the rewriting of my response. I believe I will print that out and send it to HQ, thank you. Honestly the man I am talking about either needs a harsh talking to or to be fired completely. Another thing to ad is besides the manager, me and my fiance were one of the only caucasian people in the store. Wonder if that had anything to do with it as well....

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    Another thing to ad is besides the manager, me and my fiance were one of the only caucasian people in the store. Wonder if that had anything to do with it as well....
    just don't put that in your letter....
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: terrible experience with walmart ammo purchase

I edited the title of this thread to clarify that it wasn't a problem with the "ammo". (I added the word "purchase")

I've gotten the "no key" excuse once or twice, but even then, they offered to go find someone with a key. Granted it took about 20 minutes, but that wasn't the fault of the person who went looking for the key - she wasn't even from that dept., she was actually trying to help me out. Another time, i simply went to another dept., explained that I needed to purchase an item that was in a case, and asked that a manager with a key meet me in the sporting goods dept. "No problem, someone will be right with you."

Oh yeah, maybe someone from W-mart can confirm, but an associate once picked up a phone and said, if I recall correctly, "Code 96 - Sporting Goods", and it prompted a manager to come to meet me there.
    Maybe they just punched in *96 on the phone... I'm not really sure, as it's been several months since it happened.
    I should have written it down... in the future, I could simply pick up a store phone and call a manager myself, without having to track anyone else down.
    Last edited by Emptymag; February 4th, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    just don't put that in your letter....
    o no way...we both know that would transfer to a whole mess of other problems

(Montgomery County)

I stood waiting at the sporting goods section at the Walmart in Wyomissing last year for 15 minutes. Finally I picked up their counter phone and pressed the "page button" and announced that there was a customer waiting at the sporting goods counter for 15 minutes and would like some service. Within 45 seconds , I had all kinds of people there willing to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Oh yeah, maybe someone from W-mart can confirm, but an associate once picked up a phone and said, if I recall correctly, "Code 96 - Sporting Goods", and it prompted a manager to come to meet me there..
    So, Code 96 must mean "another gun nut here to buy "bullets"!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by cavmedic View Post
    I stood waiting at the sporting goods section at the Walmart in Wyomissing last year for 15 minutes. Finally I picked up their counter phone and pressed the "page button" and announced that there was a customer waiting at the sporting goods counter for 15 minutes and would like some service. Within 45 seconds , I had all kinds of people there willing to help me.

there is only one word i can think for that...AWESOME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12