Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Allowing posting in the classifieds?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - It would be nice

14 25.45%
  • No - Leave it alone

41 74.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Classifieds

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Not sure if I completely agree with that. At first there would be some pain, but the mods (existing or possibly new) would have to monitor it. People would get the point that stomping on people's post would not be tolerated.

I think that some people post things in the classifieds who don't have any intention to sell it. It would be pretty obvious who those people are and other members of this forum could easily see that and not waste their time.
    Who are you to determine that, and how could you supply sufficient evidence to prove a seller has no intention to sell? If you could, how could you do it in a cohesive, and uncomplicated manner? Without posting pages of PM exchanges and personal stories of how so and so backed out or fucked you over. It would be messy and it would serve no purpose other than getting back at someone. If you have reasonable statements because of personal experience, post in the feed back section. If anything, the feedback section should be more accessible.

How about Dan finds a way to link each members "feed back" status to their Classifieds ad. Simple, efficient, and if you had a bad experience, you could post so.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Who are you to determine that, and how could you supply sufficient evidence to prove a seller has no intention to sell? If you could, how could you do it in a cohesive, and uncomplicated manner? Without posting pages of PM exchanges and personal stories of how so and so backed out or fucked you over. It would be messy and it would serve no purpose other than getting back at someone. If you have reasonable statements because of personal experience, post in the feed back section. If anything, the feedback section should be more accessible.

How about Dan finds a way to link each members "feed back" status to their Classifieds ad. Simple, efficient, and if you had a bad experience, you could post so.
    I wouldn't be the one to determine that fact. It would be up to each member to make that determination.

PM should be post because of the "P" in PM. That is how they should stay.

An OP might have mistakenly left something out of the post. Instead of getting a bunch of PMs asking the same question, a quick post by someone asking would negate the need to keep PMing the OP ... or if some poses a question that someone else didn't think about, then everyone would be better off.

As for my personal experiences, yes I do feel that some people aren't up to selling their guns or something. I will be posting feedback in the feedback section, I haven't yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I wouldn't be the one to determine that fact. It would be up to each member to make that determination.

PM should be post because of the "P" in PM. That is how they should stay.

An OP might have mistakenly left something out of the post. Instead of getting a bunch of PMs asking the same question, a quick post by someone asking would negate the need to keep PMing the OP ... or if some poses a question that someone else didn't think about, then everyone would be better off.
    Ok, and how is that YOUR problem? If you need to PM someone, you do it. You're going to feel bad because people keep pm'ing him the same question? How would you know, and why do you care? If the OP realizes he left it out, he will fix it, or notify him in PM. Where is the logic behind this?

and the PM should be post because of the P in PM? I'm not following you. PM= personal message, not post message.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Allegheny County)

I love the classifieds, have bought and sold a few things over the years.

I do have to say though, that the number of rule-breakers is a bit annoying. I see constant violations of the 3-day rule as well as a few others. I do have to say that I wish it were policed a little better, but don't fault the moderators or admins for that, there's only so much that they can do.

Also, I do get a chuckle at times from the severly overpriced ads - Ive seen PLENTY on here that are listed for 20-50% higher than current NEW value, and that's for a used gun

All in all, it's a great system. Of course I think that the feedback system could be better, but again, we've got to work with what we've got. My main issue with feedback is the search function, and that it can be difficult to find a thread on a particular user.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Ok, and how is that YOUR problem? If you need to PM someone, you do it. You're going to feel bad because people keep pm'ing him the same question? How would you know, and why do you care? If the OP realizes he left it out, he will fix it, or notify him in PM. Where is the logic behind this?

and the PM should be post because of the P in PM? I'm not following you. PM= personal message, not post message.
    It isn't my problem ... it's just a nice side effect. Aren't we discussing possible benefits vs possible problems? Just another possible benefit. I would rather have/post a message about some specific info, than to PM it. Having it posted could benefit the rest of the members here.

I've always thought of PM as Private Message, hence the "P" in PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Lancaster County)

Has anyone ever seen the equipment exchange on ar15.com? They allow posting on the ads and it only serves to make things more confusing.

I would like to see a bit of separation in the classifieds at this point though. Right now, when something gets posted it's usually buried behind 2 or 3 pages of ads within a day--nobody looks past the first one or two pages.

Without a bump for 3 days it becomes very difficult to attract buyers.

If the classifieds were broken up into simple categories like handgun/rifle/shotgun it would allow ads to remain in view for a longer period of time and would help sellers move their items, and buyers find the things they need.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I like it how it is, with the exception of a little more organization in the firearms area - a rifle, shotgun and pistol (maybe NFA) section would be killer so that if I'm looking for any of the above I dont have to weed through the other entries.
    ^^^ THIS!!!
    This would make sorting through the entries so much easier

other than that, i think allowing replies would complicate things, and probably start a lot of problems.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123