Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kel-tec p11

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Kel-tec p11

Both myself, and my brother carry p-11s. Mine is a little older than his, but I've only had one problem with it, the first time I shot it (bought it used) the extractor broke in half.
    I called kel tec up and they sent me everything I needed, plus a new spring and guide rod, completely free. I installed the extractor and I've never had a problem since.
    The gun eats everything I've fed it and it pretty accurate considering price and that trigger. I don't mind the trigger as much as I used to, but shooting more than 100 rounds at a time makes for a sore trigger finger.
    Are you looking to buy new, or used?

The Kel-Tecs are inexpensive, reliable, and easy to work on yourself if you're at all good with your hands. Good info over at KTOG.org. I've had two P11s over the years. They are great for CCW, and lousy for the range. As others have said, the triggers are heavy and stack terribly. Also, fully loaded magazines often rattle. Very good guns ... for the money. But I eventually sold both of mine and bought a Kahr PM9 ... and haven't looked back.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.

Quote Originally Posted by ruttinbuck View Post
    I was thinking about buying a kel-tec p11. Do u think that is a good buy?
    For the money yes BUT (always a but isn't there) as a gun they SUCK. Only reason I say that is the ungodly trigger on them. We had one, was Tootie's carry piece for a long time but that damn trigger is so damn ugly we finally said enough and sold it (didn't hurt that I got my Kimber and gave her my Glock)

If you want a cheap gun they are exactly the right thing ... if you want a nice gun think about saving up a few more bucks and get something you will enjoy for years to come.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

I liked my first one so well that I gave it to my daughter for her carry gun. She loves it. Never any problem, and she feeds it mixtures of ammo.

My carry P11 is thoroughly reliable, a pleasure to shoot, though the trigger is a bit heavier than the one on my daughter's gun.

I have a third one for my wife, but she won't carry it until I get the trigger lighter and smoother, at least like mine. It is an easy job, just takes a little time.

I'm a believer - size, weight, reliability, "shootability" (whatever you might think that to be), cost, concealability.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Carbon County)

I had a p11 and currently carry a pf9. My advice it to check out the pf9. Its a little easier to carry and the trigger is a thousand times better. You loose 3 rounds of mag capacity, but I much prefer it over the p11.

But, the p11 is a good value, and a decent gun in its own right.

(Beaver County)

Thank u guys for the help. I did indeed buy one. I got it used. I shot it today and love it. The onlything i dont like is the long trigger. Other than that love carrying it.
    walk by faith not by sight

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ruttinbuck View Post
    Thank u guys for the help. I did indeed buy one. I got it used. I shot it today and love it. The onlything i dont like is the long trigger. Other than that love carrying it.
    Yep. They're not the best to shoot but they conceal really well. Mine has always been reliable and easy to carry.

P-11randomasspostSHOOTER

(Montgomery County)

Didn't see if you mentioned what you want it for. For fun gun, great. Can't beat the price, accuracy and customer service.

Free parts when the extractor breaks or the slide won't stay open after the mag is empty or the trigger doesn't return.

For life saving absolute reliability, I have three words: re vol ver.

But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

Ham radio: when all else fails.

(Delaware County)

I don't have a P-11, but I do have a PF-9..it's accurate as hell for being so damn small.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12