Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Scotia Questions From A Newbie

I'm in if people are meeting up at Liberty. I might take a ride over there just to check it out this Friday or Saturday and see how the ranges look. I'll post up anything I find out.
    One thing I noticed from the website is that it looks like you must be a NRA member as well so that will and an extra $38 to the membership fee if you are not already an NRA member.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by fonz View Post
    I'm in if people are meeting up at Liberty. I might take a ride over there just to check it out this Friday or Saturday and see how the ranges look. I'll post up anything I find out.
    One thing I noticed from the website is that it looks like you must be a NRA member as well so that will and an extra $38 to the membership fee if you are not already an NRA member.
    nope... dont need to be a nra member.... i talked to the membership lady and asked that exact question..... what thats saying is if you are not already a NRA member then you can pay the 38 for the NRA membership as well as dues to the range... if you are interested they are having their monthly meeting on feb 13th i think... im going to be in allentown around then but im planning on looking and checking it out today... ill take a camera with me and take some pictures... even though they already have pics up....

ohh and i want to thanks fonz for sending me the pm about that place.... if it turns out to be a good place i owe ya a round or 2 at the bar.... that is if you drink.... if not then ill buy ya a case of coke!! haha

(Centre County)

Thanks for clearing that up. Seeing as I am not an NRA member its nice to know I dont have to join just to join the club. I'll be at a wedding in Philly on the 13th so I wouldnt be able to attend the meeting. Let us know how it looks if you stop by today.

I have been known to enjoy a cold beer from time to time so perhaps I will take you up on that offer sometime after a day at the range.

(Lehigh County)

ok so i stopped by today.... its deffinetly not just dedicated to firearms... its a campground that has the firearms stuff around it.... could be a good place to have a get together.... range is clean but could use some tlc.... could be a good pr move on our behalf... it is a little bit dreary out so that could have been part of it... the pistol/rifle range is more of a rifle range.... it is very clean though..... and it has a roof.... has targets at looks like 50 and 100 yards..... the skeet range and clay range looks pretty good.... for 18 a year id pay for it.... cuz i was there and there were no peole there to piss me off...
    Last edited by Bigrepp61; February 3rd, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

(Centre County)

Liberty's a great place to shoot. I shoot there a lot and most of the time I go, its like having my own private range. They're very easygoing about what you can shoot as long as you clean up after yourself. No power-trippin range Nazis like at Scotia and its ALWAYS open. Cheap to belong, $18/yr. Its a little bit further from SC than Scotia, but I live near Howard so it's practically in my backyard.

Go to Google Maps and drop these coordinates: 41.074288, -77.650638 into the search box. You can even see a street view of it.

(Lehigh County)

you shoot pistols at the range they have there??? im planning on joining just cuz ive been there 2 times now and noone to bother me and piss me off...

(Centre County)

I shoot pistols occasionally but mostly rifles. Its great. Not too many people shoot there, 'cept for maybe the 2 weeks before deer season. Nobody hassles you, mostly you got the place to yourself or at most 1-2 other people. I've been shooting there for about 7 years and only once did I have to deal with people I didn't want to be around. Well worth the $18/yr membership. Other than that, they don't ask for much. You give them maybe 2 mornings/year for workdays and police your own brass and they'll think you're God.

Gary, the guy who runs the range, is a good guy. He's open to any suggestions for improvement and will arrange to get materials and help to help a good idea, within reason. They have a skeet (or trap, I'm not a shotgunner and can't remember the difference) range and a pretty active shooting group for that. The rifle/pistol range is pretty informal.

(Centre County)

Looks like I also need to look into Liberty, Howard area is not that far to drive for a decent range, especially if they don't hassle you.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lehigh County)

yeha im more of a pistol guy at the moment so id be shooting more pistol... just wanted to know if they make a big deal out of it since it doesnt have a designated handgun range.... when i get my check on the 25th im going to pay my dues.... the lady who takes care of regristration is very nice and we had about a 20 minute convo the other day....

Is this the local private range?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast