ok so after expanding my collection 3 fold i wanted to go to the range regardless of the temp..... seeing as i dont know of any indoor ranges in the area we decided to take a trip to scotia...... now i thought seeing as its 25 degrees max it would be fairly empty......

couldnt be more wrong!! all of the aux ranges had atleast 5 people in them...

so me, my fiancee, and her friend who has never held a gun let alone fire a gun before went out for some target practice.... now i bought a brand new ruger 10/22 soi stopped off at the 50 yd riflerange and they continued to the handgun range....

onl reason i mention this part is cuz im still pissed about it.... my fiancee who has shot all her life goes over there and there is nowhere to put anything down..... there is a group in the 25 yd handgun range (designated by signs) with maybe 5 or 6 rifles... (ak's. ar's, and atleast one m1) shotting in there while there was a table or two open on the rifle range..... somy fiancee goes over there and asks if they are using both sides...

reply is no.. they then ask if they could move somestuff so they could use the range.....

huff and puff but they make room......

so as i stated earlier... there was a friend who is there for the first time... after a safty instruction and all the other beginner stuff you need to go through she gets up there about 10 yards away and my fiancee walks her through loading and chambering.... at this moment a guy and his bdd come up next to them and start shooting..... now i understand its a public range but he said nothing and just started shooting.... that would piss me off let alone myfiancee anda person who hasnt shot yet... so my faincee waits till they are done and they step back.... the friend then starts to shoot... mising the target

one of them snickers "you might want to try aiming at the target!"

they then turn around and go back to the table...

the girl said she didnt want to shoot anymore and went back and sat in the car... she didnt come back for about 20 minutes after the group left

unfortunatly there is nothing i can do about this kind of stuff because it is a public range... all in all she came back and i let her shoot my rifle which she liked alot and after about 2hours we headed back home.....

for me it was a good day but then i look back and think what would happen if she took that personally.... i try to get someone into shooting and someone decided they are better cause she didnt hit the target with her first hand gun...

i kind of find it pathetic that gun owners still treat other gun owners (and their friends) like shit....

i will say there were 3 groups of people who came after them.... one with a glock in 40sw and one with a new walther p22 and the third with another glock 40sw who were all very friendly and willing to converse and have a good time......

i dont know if i made any sense but o had to vent a bit.... now off to cleaning guns