Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: Classic Pistol: Two Thumbs Down

Take up Bob's offer Steve. I have been shooting there for years and have never had a bad experience. I have no doubt that Bob will make good on his promise to straighten things out.

on the subject of CP, does anyone else on here attend the IDPA shoots on the 3rd Tuesdays of the month? I'm Darren

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RGKSR View Post
    Steve,

I understand that you are upset. When we spoke earlier today I had been made aware of the "damage" just prior to speaking to you. Apparently it had just happened. The target hanger dropped to the ground about 10 yards out.
    We had another member come out and mention that both the floor and baffles were being shot. In my (and Jims defense) he did observe both high and low shooting by one of your shooters and he mentioned it to you.

Yes we do have a policy of charging for range damage. Cables and other items are not free, and it takes time to repair damaged items.

In reference to the comment about tools on construction jobs, I agree. If a motor burns out or a switch fails while you are using the lane it not the shooters responsability.

In closing I do value you as a customer. Please call me to straighten this out.

Bob K.
    Bob,

I will be in to speak with you, again. A major issue here is that not only did you not discuss the matter with me when you had the chance (when I was still at the range, and before I posted my account of the events), you dismissed me with a colloquialism.

All of the target trolleys look the same in that bay, they are shot up pretty good. The new hanger was hung with ease from the shot up trolley, and I further contend that the hanger on the floor at the 10 yard line is still serviceable, it is just missing a retaining pin.

As for your employee, he told me to "watch the girls." I was not informed of any high or low shooting, nor any strikes on the range equipment. Furthermore, when your employee came to further discuss the matter after it had been paid was unnecessary.

I will not post here on this topic until I come to see you in a couple of days.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

a fresh coat of spray paint before a new shooter uses the lane usually solves "this" type of problem.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

Steve,

I look forward to talking to you. If you felt I dismissed you, I publicly apologize.

I am sorry,
    Bob K.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    And about RAF, I won't go into how unsafe of a range it is.

Just because there are bullet holes in the safety glass BEHIND the line of fire dosent mean its not a safe place to shoot.

It is the only place I have ever been hit by bullet fragments though.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    a fresh coat of spray paint before a new shooter uses the lane usually solves "this" type of problem.
    I think a lot of ranges do this every day, but not after every shooter (that I have seen).

Steve, I'm going with you on this one. Sounds like a bad experience.

I will say this. I have hit a lot of hangers. I've been told I've hit them (including by my shooting buddy) and I did not believe it was true. In retrospect, I realized I had. If you haven't been shooting hangers you might not know how easy it is to tell. If your hanger is swinging around, it's been hit. That does not happen by hitting paper. That is very easy for a range employee to spot. It's also very easy for a range employee to tell the baffles are being hit. It leaves obvious marks. If I don't check for them before my group starts, I may not know. But the range employees walk by every so often and that's exactly what they look for. If there were two and now there are 6 or 7, it's obvious they are being hit. As far as damage is concerned, ranges cannot evaluate the actual cost damage before deciding whether to charge a person. If I hit something, I get charged. That's the way it works.

Just putting that out there for educational purposes. Ranges have caught me hitting stuff when it has initially escaped my observation.

That being said, I'm going with your judgment on this one. As for the interaction after the fact, it sounds bad. I would be pissed as well. But I wasn't there, and misunderstandings are common.

(Lancaster County)

Sounds to me like the OP, unlike another recent poster has a legitimate gripe. It also doesn't sound entirely unreasonable that the staff thought (perhaps incorrectly) that his group was at fault.

In the end, it sounds like both the owner and the customer will be able to work things out.
    This is why it pays to be level headed in these situations.

(Lackawanna County)

maybe now that the store owner is here, he can shed some light on what really happened, i regards to that other clusterfuck of a thread. either way, it's good that he's willing to expose himself to scrutiny here on a public forum, and offer to resolve the situation.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Just because there are bullet holes in the safety glass BEHIND the line of fire dosent mean its not a safe place to shoot.

It is the only place I have ever been hit by bullet fragments though.

HAHAHA. Looks like you have been there too.(RAF)

The only place I have had a muzzle pointed at me, more than once in a matter of 20 seconds.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

While I understand this is all personal experience I am concerned now cause I am taking my act 235 course down there in 2 weeks. I have shot rifles all my life but just recently started shooting pistols. I am taking the act 235 to get a better job. Hopefully since i am not a pro i dont get hit with any damage bills.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast