Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Classic Pistol: Two Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post

Congratulations to the staffer, Bob and Classic Pistol. You won your argument because I chose not to engage in a he said she said. Having won your argument, you lost two paying customers (my woman also shoots and patronizes CP and she witnessed this)..
    Well, I certainly sympathize with your position and you are justified on not wanting to go back there, IMO.

One thing that comes to mind, not really in defense of CP, per say, but maybe as a way to understand this mentality they exhibit, is that due to their proximity to Phila my guess is that they deal with a lot more assholes and idiots than the average. I suspect that much like many "city" police departments, they start treating everyone like the lowest common denominator.
    Example:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/8768...shop-here.html

Again, not defending CP over this, or suggesting the OP was in any way deserving of the treatment. Just thinking out loud about why there seems to be so many service issues reported here.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; January 31st, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Bucks County)

Steve I was right behind you in line when you where checking out I was checking in and I saw most of what went down. The place was packed and there where a few family's with kids shooting today as well in that bay when I went in.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tomgun1 View Post
    makes me glad my family owns a 75+ acre of great shooting legal land in sellersville pa.........just curious how much USD is the membership to classic pistol?
    You don't say neighbor
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Bucks County)

Steve,

I understand that you are upset. When we spoke earlier today I had been made aware of the "damage" just prior to speaking to you. Apparently it had just happened. The target hanger dropped to the ground about 10 yards out.
    We had another member come out and mention that both the floor and baffles were being shot. In my (and Jims defense) he did observe both high and low shooting by one of your shooters and he mentioned it to you.

Yes we do have a policy of charging for range damage. Cables and other items are not free, and it takes time to repair damaged items.

In reference to the comment about tools on construction jobs, I agree. If a motor burns out or a switch fails while you are using the lane it not the shooters responsability.

In closing I do value you as a customer. Please call me to straighten this out.

Bob K.

(Montgomery County)

When recalling the trolley to change the target on a backer the metal target hanger fell off, at the zero yard line. When working to re-attach the hanger it was clear that a retaining pin was missing, and thus the hanger would not be completely secured. "D" and I both observed this, and I wedged the hanger back into the holder and it seemed to fit.
    Hmmmmmm Maybe you should have informed the range of the missing pin at that point

ah....my opinion....something is not adding up here with your story

..why did the RO have to tell you to watch the girls. Was it because as you said someone told them they were shooting the baffles??..

just sayin..........

There's 3 sides to every story.........

(Pike County)

makes me glad my family owns a 75+ acre of great shooting legal land in sellersville pa.........just curious how much USD is the membership to classic pistol?
    More importantly what are your "range fees"?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Hmmmmmm Maybe you should have informed the range of the missing pin at that point

ah....my opinion....something is not adding up here with your story

..why did the RO have to tell you to watch the girls. Was it because as you said someone told them they were shooting the baffles??..

just sayin..........

There's 3 sides to every story.........
    I was there. Nobody shot the baffles.

(Delaware County)

Steve
    Sorry to here that story. It's sad to leave a place you enjoyed going. Why don't you try giving Ready Aim Fire in Bristol a shot. The range rates are better and there are more lanes to shoot. And the staff is very friendly. The ammo prices are a little high but you don't need to buy it there's you can bring you own. I'm sure some people will have some things negative thing to say about RAF but as a member that shoots there most every weekend over the last 4 years I enjoy it. I was a member at CP too but there full auto rates are much much higher.
    Mike
    http://www.rafire.com/raf/index.htm

(Bucks County)

As you can see, Bob is a stand up guy, so contact him.

I doubt they were concerened about women shooters. I took my sister there for her first time shooting, and Bob went out of his way to accomodate her. They also have women's courses and have an excellent woman teacher.

And about RAF, I won't go into how unsafe of a range it is.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Montgomery County)

Oh, really? That's only minutes away

Proud member of:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast