After 6 years of procrastinating, I finally decided to go get my LTCF a few weeks ago… With all the paperwork and finger printing I have had in the past 6 years, I have never had to wait for a PICS check for more then 30 or so minutes before. Even the lady at the Sheriffs office commented on how fast my PICS passed compared to others. (one could say I am well documented)

The very first gun I bought, the sales person said he had to close but would call it out and calls me back in the morning to give me the results. I was not 5 miles from the store and he said I am closed now, but anytime tomorrow, come on in, you got a gun.

2 other guns and rifles/Shotgun only took 10 minutes per occasion, and the LTCF took about 10 minutes and 30 minutes of chatting with the nice lady about my work… Seems she was interested in alarms.

While she filled out my info on the computer, she placed my Citizenship as American (USA) and it should have been Canadian. I even gave the A# (Alien number) on my green card as ID. and on the form I filled out.
I noticed this once I got home and read it properly and as I was going to be going back shortly to get my wife’s LTCF within a week, I figured I would get it changed then.

As it turns out, this slowed my last purchase to a such point that I was asked to produce my SS, my Permanent resident card, my drivers permit, and any other proof of who I was before the NICS would pass. The PSP had recieved the USA permit request, but not the correction!
The SNAFU caused the PSP to wonder why I would have claimed to be American when in fact I have not yet passed my Citizenship test.
I did every thing right, but a mistake in clerical at the Sheriffs office almost got me in trouble.
One would think this was a one in a million clerical error but as it turns out, when we got home that night my wife also checked her LTCF for errors, the typing on there is so small, you almost need a looking glass or a microscope to read it!!!

Again on her LTCF we found a SNAFU, this one a little more insulting I would think for a woman. My wife can be described as vertically challenged, 5’3” and although she is not tiny by any means, she is not obese.

The SNAFU on her card you ask? Height 5’3” weight 503 (should have been around 200)
Now her weight is probably not going to change much as it is more for identifying her as a person then it is as a nationality. But then again, who knows the day you need the card as an ID?
Things you want to check for.. Anything that identifies you. Height, hair, eye color… You know Blonde eyes Blue hair. Wont be long we will have to get her card corrected again.
So far, this is the first time a PICS has taken me more then 10 to 15 minutes. This time, it took over 2 and a half days. My Citizenship having been typed wrong on the LTCF even if I filled the form correctly put up many red flags with the PSP.
In the past Six years apart from firearm related, the PSP, FBI, INS and other police bureaus have finger printed me for multiple licenses in the alarm industry, Including but not limited to the State of Illinois, (work permit reserved for P.I., Alarm, Lock Smith and security guards) This working permit would allow me to work armed in Illinois, some thing many residents there can’t do. Virginia, Maryland and DC also require the same permits in their states for any one who dispatches there. I should be getting those shortly. A simple mistake from a Clerk in a sheriff’s office could have cost me all my permits and licenses had I not noticed it.
Any one who works with HASMAT, Dangerous, explosive permits for truckers… Any one who has to be bonded, this could affect you. When you receive a LTCF, make sure the info on it is correct; it could mean your livelihood. Not to mention it could be dumped on you as you tried to fraud the government this in its self would mean you could no longer have any guns or restricted weapons. As it turned out, this mistake was not my fault, but I found out that having it corrected was my responsibility.