Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Armatix "smart gun"

This year, the highest-tech gun belonged to Armatix. The German firm has an electronic safety that automatically disables the pistol when it’s not within a few inches of a custom wristwatch. The watch sends a wireless arming signal to the gun. If the gun is picking up a signal from the watch, a green LED on the back lights up. Try squeezing the handle without wearing the watch, and you will see a red warning light. Anyone can pick up a limited edition version of the pistol for about 7,000 euro, which is pretty steep for a .22cal plinker. They start shipping next month.

Read More http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010...#ixzz0e2cBj6FD

Fraulein, your watch is ugly and your pistol is tiny.

IWA arms fair 2009 in Nürnberg, Germany. A staff member of Armatix explains a so-called smart gun to german Hollywood Actor Ralph Möller. Listen closely.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vkw9dRT_o

Default Re: The Armatix "smart gun"

MAN HANDS!
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Fuck smart guns, I prefer smart users.

This is great, now lame-o legislators like Schumer and gang can say "look technology fixed it, now all guns must be this way."

Armatix: Using technology to fix problems that stupid people have in a country that has some of the most restrictive gun control laws. You are welcome.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Luzerne County)

Question Re: The Armatix "smart gun"

"Try squeezing the handle " ???
    what handle?
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Does anyone know the number for 9-1-1?

(Cumberland County)

and just when you need to defend yourself or your family, you realize you forgot to change your watch battery and it's dead - and so are you !

(Perry County)

Smart, seems to be the new buzz word for "New and Improved". Like so many things that are designated smart by their producers, this one seems pretty stupid to me. Would you ot leave your gun and its watch together, then how much good is it going to be in stopping your children from shooting themselves with it? If you don't keep the gun and watch together when off your person, what good is the gun going to be in an emergency? If used by the police; does one expect the bad guy who takes your weapon is going to run off a few paces to shoot the cop?

As said above smart people are the answer, or perhaps well trained smart people?

(Westmoreland County)

I remember seeing those on 20/20 about 5-6 years ago. They were an answer to "what does a cop do if he is out numbered and disarmed". They were designed for law enforcement but after several tests they were found unrelyable. So I see now their screw up goes to the civilians to make up the costs in R&D for the project LOL. What a joke!!!

(Jefferson County)

For the life of me, I can't figure out what this is gun would be for. I guess if it was a large caliber, people would think this is a good idea on cops' duty weapons. But I certainly wouldn't want to send a police officer out there with a gun that could malfunction because of a dead battery in addition to the rest of the things that can possibly go wrong with a firearm.

Stupid tech, way too expensive, and I can see where this would lead to ridiculous legislation.

(Northumberland County)

Uhm. What happens if you need to shoot one handed (unsupported) with the hand without the watch?? Like the bad guy/girl whacks you with a pipe, bat, etc. leaving your strong hand dangling like a wet noodle?
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post
    Uhm. What happens if you need to shoot one handed (unsupported) with the hand without the watch?? Like the bad guy/girl whacks you with a pipe, bat, etc. leaving your strong hand dangling like a wet noodle?
    Yea those are some of the reasons they scrapped this idea for LE. If your in a hand to hand oa hand to pipe fight, electronics break and deem your firearm useless. It was "neat" in theory but I really dont believe that it has any purpose but to be used in an x-box game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast