Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Beer Can Hunting

I took a walk in the woods the other day. Took my airgun along with me. I have a GAMO CFX which is pretty damn powerful and quite accurate. Not allowed to hunt with airguns in PA and I wasn't in woods that would be acceptable to use a .22 to hunt live game. Soooo I walked around and shot random trash, mostly beer and soda cans. Perhaps it would have been mor eproactive if I was picking up said trash instead of shooting it, none the less I had a good time shooting through the iron sights. Anyone else do silly stuff like this or is it just me?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Beer Can Hunting

i use to spend all afternoon shooting minows with my bb gun when i was a kid , lol

the things that amuse us when we were young
    No longer posting

(Monroe County)

great gun, I love mine but do you have issues with your scope turning in the rings?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

I have 2 of the metal spinning targets step in the back yard all the time. I almost don’t go in the backyard without a shot or 2.

Walt

(Berks County)

You could also hunt evil soda bottles and water jugs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXw6f-VH514

(Monroe County)

i freeze up water bottles with water, and blast at those with the crosman pellet rifle from time to time. i also have a cardboard box that the cable guy left here a year ago, that held the coax, filled with newspaper and old plastic bags. i staple a target to it and im good to go a plinking.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Delaware County)

Dredly, I do not have a scope on mine. I just use the irons and they do the trick for the most part. I don't have a scope on any of my springer guns b/c they tend to break when used a lot. Rifle scopes are meant to withstand recoil in a rearward push. Springer airguns have a forward recoil that is only very slight but over time (many many many shots) it will Kill even the nicest of rifle scopes. However I have never experienced this myself thoug hI was educated about it by some very avid airgun shooters at my gun club.

Mark

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Feddog82 View Post
    Dredly, I do not have a scope on mine. I just use the irons and they do the trick for the most part. I don't have a scope on any of my springer guns b/c they tend to break when used a lot. Rifle scopes are meant to withstand recoil in a rearward push. Springer airguns have a forward recoil that is only very slight but over time (many many many shots) it will Kill even the nicest of rifle scopes. However I have never experienced this myself thoug hI was educated about it by some very avid airgun shooters at my gun club.

Mark
    yeah the scope I have on mine (now on the third different scope) in designed to withstand recoil from an air gun, so have the last 2, the weird thing is its not the scopes breaking, they just turn in the rings, all 3 scopes, 2 seperate sets of rings, if I straighten em back out again after 3 - 400 shots they will be noticeably tilted
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    i use to spend all afternoon shooting minows with my bb gun when i was a kid , lol

the things that amuse us when we were young
    You and me both. I grew up in the country, I had a creek and a pond at my disposal. I never went anywhere without my trusty bb gun and my dog. If a kid has a creek, screw toys, a creek will entertain kids for hours.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    yeah the scope I have on mine (now on the third different scope) in designed to withstand recoil from an air gun, so have the last 2, the weird thing is its not the scopes breaking, they just turn in the rings, all 3 scopes, 2 seperate sets of rings, if I straighten em back out again after 3 - 400 shots they will be noticeably tilted
    Try some different rings. You know as well as I do that there are a million styles of scope rings out there. One of them would have to hold better than the others. You could also try using fomr "friction tape" in the rings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast