Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Springfield XDm .40cal vs FNP .40cal USG? Who wins?

Whats up guy's? And ladies. I'm trying to get some thoughts and opinions on this battle between two very nice pistols here. We have the SA XDm 40cal vs FNP 40cal USG. Which one of these pistols comes out on top? Give me some insight on these two pistols, and let me hear from some of the owners and those who have handled/shot these bad boyz! Let me know what you thought of them both? Me personally I love the FNP 40cal USG, but I've never laid hands on one, and my brother owns a XDm and I like it, but its a little bit top heavy to me. The Ergonomics of these two pistols are great and thats partly why I love the FNP without even handling/shooting it. SA out did themselves with the XDm but maybe a little to much for me. Thoughts and Opinions folks......... lets have a good conversation about this!!!!! Who wins?
    Protect yourself at all times.... purchase a firearm. It's your right!

Default Re: Springfield XDm .40cal vs FNP .40cal USG? Who wins?

While I can't personally speak on the SA XDm .40, I own the FNP 40 and I must say that I am absolutely in love with it. It feels great in my hand, I've put over 500 rounds through it now without a malfunction, and I really just don't have a single complaint about it.

As for the SA, they also make a very nice weapon. I do have a XD in 9mm, the sub-compact version, and I also like it. If I'm being honest, I don't really appreciate the differences between the XD and the XDm. Maybe I'm a bare-bones type of guy, but hey, to each their own.

To me, it sounds like you can't really choose wrong, go with what feels best for you, both in hand and firing if you get the opportunity to fire both.

Just my two cents....

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReelBig20 View Post
    While I can't personally speak on the SA XDm .40, I own the FNP 40 and I must say that I am absolutely in love with it. It feels great in my hand, I've put over 500 rounds through it now without a malfunction, and I really just don't have a single complaint about it.

As for the SA, they also make a very nice weapon. I do have a XD in 9mm, the sub-compact version, and I also like it. If I'm being honest, I don't really appreciate the differences between the XD and the XDm. Maybe I'm a bare-bones type of guy, but hey, to each their own.

To me, it sounds like you can't really choose wrong, go with what feels best for you, both in hand and firing if you get the opportunity to fire both.

Just my two cents....
    Was it hard to find your FNP because, I hear their pretty hard to find new right now? Also on the SA XDm it shoots very accurate I have shot it and i can't find a complaint about the sights or anything except it being a little heavy. Just waiting to shoot that FNP!

Actually, it was surprisingly easy to find it. Of all places, I found it at Bass Pro Shops in Harrisburg. Went in with intent only to look, but there it was, and at a good price, so I grabbed it up, makes me smile....

(Philadelphia County)

Actually, it was surprisingly easy to find it. Of all places, I found it at Bass Pro Shops in Harrisburg. Went in with intent only to look, but there it was, and at a good price, so I grabbed it up, makes me smile....
    How much was it there if you dont mind me asking? May have to take a little trip up there. Is yours the Stainless slide/Black matte grip? I love Bass Pro it's almost like man made heaven!

Well, when I popped in to get it, it was at a surprising $529. I've seen it other times there for as much as $589. I guess it's really only $60 difference, but it made me change from looker to buyer real quick.

(Philadelphia County)

Well, when I popped in to get it, it was at a surprising $529. I've seen it other times there for as much as $589. I guess it's really only $60 difference, but it made me change from looker to buyer real quick.
    Yeah that was a nice price. I'm def gonna go up there and buy one thanks for that info.

(Schuylkill County)

Long story short, I don't think you will be disappointed either way. I have an xdm40 and love it. I can't speak personally for the FNP though...
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; January 27th, 2010 at 08:54 AM.
    III%

(Monroe County)

http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/Default.aspx

FNP40 - Use that search and you`ll find them all over your area from $515 to $585.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/Default.aspx

FNP40 - Use that search and you`ll find them all over your area from $515 to $585.
    Good looking out! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast