Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Ruger LCP 380 ??

I agree with what has been posted. It does have a long trigger pull, but you know that going into the purchase. I like mine & haven't had any problems with it. I have nearly 200 rounds through it so far. I have had one FTE. I love the size - making it easy to carry.

I have no regrets with the purchase. I think you can buy one with confidence.

I would love to see Ruger come out with a copy of the Kel Tec PF9, but that is another thread.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jettagls00 View Post
    I have one and like was said before, It has a long trigger pull. It also kicks pretty hard due to the light weight and being an overall very small pistol. That being said, I have no doubt that if I ever needed to use it the gun would due some major damage. I have had mine for a little over a week and I have carried it on me everyday in my pocket and I don;t even know it is there.
    If you're noticing "kick", it's because you're not shooting enough. The more you shoot the less you pay attention to recoil, because you're learning how to control it.
    And the trigger pull is easy to master too, again, with more shooting. It's no different than a revolver except the trigger is smoother and lighter, learn to stage it and you will excel with it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I would love to see Ruger come out with a copy of the Kel Tec PF9, but that is another thread.
    They did, the Ruger SR9c, they announced it last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I wouldn't compare that to a PF-9. Its more comparable to a Smith M&Pc or a CZ RAMI. The PF-9 is much lighter in weight and much thinner than the SR9c.

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    The PF9 & SR9c are totally different guns - single stack vs. double. I wouldn't put them in the same category.

I saw the SR9c on the web last month, and it does look interesting. I will check one out when I get a chance.

(Northampton County)

i have a LCP and enjoy it, there is a really good article in this months american rifleman comparing i think 7 or 8 cc .380 models, its a good read if your looking into the LCP.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by stack$99 View Post
    i have a LCP and enjoy it, there is a really good article in this months american rifleman comparing i think 7 or 8 cc .380 models, its a good read if your looking into the LCP.
    that was a good article but for some reason they had problems with almost every gun.

I've been carrying my LCP in a desantis nemesis for about a year now and practice with it regularly. Not a single failure of any kind. My only real gripe is the sights. They're pretty much useless for anything less that a bright sunny day. I understand it's pretty much a point-and-shoot, up close and personal kind of gun, but dovetailing the sights so they could be swapped out for night sights, etc would be nice.

Just FYI, I run Winchester Ranger SXTs in it.
    Let them take arms

(Allegheny County)

LCP sights are a problem. Tiny black sights on a black slide -- but they won't snag on anything

There are a variety of solutions discussed on elsiepeaforum.com ranging from Testor's enamel paint (hobby store) to a slick little laser (Crimson Trace LG-431) that is very popular. Holster makers quite routinely sell their products for the LCP with or without the laser.

It is a very easy to carry pistol, but to be proficiency requires practice to maintain the grip and manage the trigger as previously mentioned..

Man you guys were busy. I was really figuring for the usual 3 responses.

++ she carries on her right side concealed. Sometimes in pocketbook. As summer kicks in maybe a fanny pack.

++ she will get 200-300 rounds and a few fake induced real jams to see what she does on her own. I really prefer the simple 642 but like I said it is too big and she already carries less and less.

" I am just going out for a paper" etc.

It is on order and hopefully I'll have it soon. Per FFl guy " they are being alotted" .. whatever that means. I mean means as in weeks or months or days..

Anyway thanks guys I'll take all you input and get her up to speed!!!

JR

Sights should not be a problem on a LCP because it's not a range pistol. it's purely a point and shoot up close SD pocket pistol like the P3at. Like was mentioned before the more you shoot them the easier it gets. I have the
    P3at and like the LCP after break in is a very reliable SD pistol. There a good little piece for there intended purpose. If you want a very good reliable 9mm pistol that is on the small side and very accurate, with very good sites. May I suggest the Kahr PM9. They may be a little pricey, but one trip to the range will put your concerns about price to rest. I bought one a couple weeks ago and I'm suprised the recoil is not as bad as I thought it would be.
    It does have a lower bore axis then the P3at or the LCP so I'm sure that helps some. By my measurement it's about 3/16 less.
    If you get a chance to shoot one by all means do so. IMO Kahr really did there homework on this small 9mm pistol before they put the PM9 out. It really is a sweet shooting CC pistol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast