Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Secret Ballot Vote For PA House Of Rep Republican Leadership Position To Impact State

Got this one for everyone to contact the Republican House Reps ONLY Republicans voting for the Minority Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee (Republicans are the minority party).

Please contact your Rep if they are a Republican before the date listed

NOTE when they are voting or reviewing proposed legislation, Appropriations Committee is the other powerful committee that has direct control over your rights. this is important position do you want it under the control of a another anti-gunner Rep?

Another Metcalfe action alert

Rep. Daryl Metcalfe

12th District

Pennsylvania House of Representatives

RepMetcalfe.com

(724) 772-3110

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 25, 2010

Secret Ballot Vote For Pennsylvania House Of Representatives Republican Leadership Position To Impact State’s Fiscal Direction

HARRISBURG ---This type of communication is unprecedented and needed in unprecedented times. Pennsylvanians should be alerted to an important secret ballot vote that the Republicans in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives will cast on January 26, 2010 at 9:30 am, behind closed doors.

The results of the election will install a new Appropriations Committee Chairman. This chairmanship is one of the top 3 positions in the leadership structure of the Republican caucus. The 99 Republican state representatives expect to have 3 candidates to choose from.

They will have a choice between:

· Rep. Stan Saylor who voted against the 2003 Rendell tax increase, against the 2005 pay raise and against the 2008 deficit-creating Rendell budget,

· Rep. Bill Adolph who voted for the 2003 Rendell tax increase, for the 2005 pay raise and for the 2008 deficit-creating Rendell budget,

· Rep. Doug Reichley who voted against the 2003 Rendell tax increase, against the 2005 pay raise, but for the 2008 deficit-creating Rendell budget.

This leadership election, with such significant contrast between candidates, offers the House Republicans an opportunity to show the people of Pennsylvania that they are listening to the call for fiscally-responsible government.

The only secret votes cast by legislators in Harrisburg are for leadership. Why are these votes cast behind closed doors and kept secret? This system has allowed legislators to vote for leaders that their constituents would not approve of.

There are rumors from the Capitol that current leadership resources are being used to cut deals with legislators who publicly claim conservative credentials so that they will support the candidate who voted for the 2003 Rendell tax increase, for the 2005 pay raise and for the 2008 deficit-creating Rendell budget. There are also rumors of lobbyists helping to secure votes for the same candidate.

The only way to end the corruption in our government in Harrisburg and D.C. is to shine light on the back room deals and create more accountability to the people.

Pennsylvania citizens should contact their Republican state representatives and demand an end to this unaccountable process.

Calls, e-mails and visits to the offices of Republican state representatives, demanding that they publicly declare to the people who they voted for and informing them that the people are watching, may help create accountability.

The results of this leadership election will prove that the majority of Republican state representatives are listening to the people’s instruction for fiscally-responsible government or that the majority are not to be trusted when they are behind closed doors.
    Here is the Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC) ACSL & PSA joint action ALERT.

Allegheny County Sportsmen's League, Inc.

Firearms Owners Against Crime

Pennsylvania Sportsmen’s Association

REPLY TO: ACSL – activist@fyi.net

FOAC – activist@fyi.net

PSA -- psa@pagunlaws.com

PRIORITY: High

January 25, 2010

***COMMITTEE CHAIRMANSHIP ELECTION

Issue: Pending Election for Appropriations Committee Chairman

Dear Rep.

It has come to our attention that soon a new minority chairman will be chosen for the House Appropriations Committee seat. We understand that there are three House members currently in line for this position:

Rep. Stan Saylor

FOAC Rating – A

NRA Rating – A

Rep. Doug Reichley

FOAC Rating – A

NRA Rating – A

Rep. William Adolph

FOAC Rating – F

NRA Rating – D-

We are concerned that given the importance of this position to the overall flow of legislation that the appropriate candidate should be one who supports our freedoms. Representatives Saylor and Reichley both support the Right of Citizens to Bear Arms (Article 1, Section 21). However Rep. Adolph does not and this is a matter of deep concern to gun owners and outdoors enthusiasts especially now in the contentious Pennsylvania political climate.

We respectfully ask that you consider supporting either Rep. Saylor or Rep. Reichley as suitable for this most important position as Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of our position and our concerns.

Respectfully,

Kim Stolfer
    Chairman-Firearms Owners Against Crime
    Chairman-Legislative Committee
    Allegheny County Sportsmen's League

E-Mail - activist@fyi.net

Website – www.foac-pac.org

www.acslpa.org

Harry Schneider
    Legislative Committee, Chairman
    Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Association
    psa@pagunlaws.com
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Secret Ballot Vote For PA House Of Rep Republican Leadership Position To Impact S

IF you want to see Rep. William Adolph & the FOAC voting record.

FOAC does this with ALL Reps cast votes, far to many people say they support your rights, their ACTIONS speak louder than just words.

PLEASE READ ATTACHED PDF
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Default Re: Secret Ballot Vote For PA House Of Rep Republican Leadership Position To Impact S

Doug Reichley is my Representative and I will say this about him:

If I were running for election for some office, and he decided to run against me, I would step down so he could win; I trust his judgement more than I trust mine.

He holds regular town hall meetings, and I've noted on several occasions he's actually resulted in me changing my stance on an issue. He always has a very well thought out reason for any vote he gives and any stance he takes. He's never been one to give canned responses to questions about policy and stance. He's responded personally to every single email I've ever sent him (and my emails to him are always huge), addressing each and every point and question each time. He also goes to bat for his constituents on a regular basis; calling up government agencies to use his clout to help them with just about anything. From helping disabled constituents by arranging for a bus to pick them up on a regular schedule, to helping veterans with medical claims. I once asked him about an energy bill I heard about and if it could help me with installing a geothermal system, and he sent me a copy of the bill with hand written post-it notes attached, highlighted relevant sections, and phone numbers to call.

If there's a better candidate than Doug Reichley, I'd be shocked.

EDIT: Oh and if you're wondering why Reichley voted for the budget, he sent out stuff to his constituents asking them what they wanted. He articulated the ramifications of each choice; the pros and cons. He talked about it in several town hall meetings to prepare all for the vote, and then we all sent our responses either directly during the town hall meeting via a phone voting system, or by mail. He then voted based on what the majority of his constituents asked.
    Last edited by Nullifidian; January 25th, 2010 at 02:35 PM.

Adolph won. WORST. POSSIBLE. OUTCOME.

But also the expected outcome. Adolph has the connections. I find it interesting that the qualities that make one more likely to attain such positions are the very qualities that make one least qualified.

i.e. in order to attain such a position, one must have connections. One gets these connections with shady backroom deals, bribes, and such like that. Such dealings are something only the corrupt will engage in, and it is never desirable to give such corrupt people positions of power, let alone greater positions of power. But that's what's encouraged in our system.

So honest men will forever be denied positions of great influence.