Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Need advice about a speeding ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by paemt View Post
    Got that taken care of already...lol

I am looking for a little more specific advice. I understand this advice may not be "legal" advice nor would I take it as such. I am looking for some "friendly advice".
    don't speed.

easiest way to avoid speeding tickets, if you feel the speed limit is too low find a way to challenge it or go a different route. If the officer or judge is going to give you a break then at least give it a try.

I used to speed, still do occasionally, but i found there it little need to, your late, everyone else does it, etc are all excuses on breaking the law. I do believe in keeping pace with traffic on highways though.

(York County)

Thanks everyone.

Obviously I should not have been speeding. I have no intention of trying to justify it, I was wrong.

This was my first ticket in over 10 years of driving. I'm not a habitual offender...lol

Again, thank you everyone for the advice!

(York County)

Sent you a PM.

Thumbs up Re: Need advice about a speeding ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by 1713 View Post
    Why don't you want points?

Worse then the " points " on your D L, is the Anal Intercourse your Insurance Company will have with you .. via 'yer wallet !

... and if you have a C D L, the D L Nazi's from FMCSA will make certain you are unemployed

Cheap Advice ... if you get a ticket, fight it ... the Lawyer fee will be peanuts in comparison to the the financial raping you'll receive from the Insurance Nazi's, and that comes from a person who subscribes to ...

... " 99 % of Lawyers make the rest look bad "

Hope you have a good outcome .. and a lighter foot.
    " For the left, Freedom IS a Fringe Idea "

Quote Originally Posted by Devrbd View Post
    All they want is your money.

^^^^^^^^^^
    FJB

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by paemt View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Obviously I should not have been speeding. I have no intention of trying to justify it, I was wrong.

This was my first ticket in over 10 years of driving. I'm not a habitual offender...lol

Again, thank you everyone for the advice!
    Your speaking to the expert of speeding tickets. I once had a speeding ticket for 45mph over the speed limit got that reduced to 15mph over.

How far over the limit were you? If its 5mph or under there are no points involved. If you were doing 10mph over the limit most of the time they will reduce in court to either 5mph over or 3111A its like a $106 fine and no points. Official term is not obeying a traffic control device. most of the time if its a busy court or you were caught in a speed trap they like to move you out quickly the officer will likely speak with you before court simple tell him your concerned about the points and most of the time they will give you a no points violation. Good luck and FYI i've had 20 tickets over the 11 years i've been driving and my points have never reached more than 8 11 is the limit in PA

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BanginBonnie2 View Post

Worse then the " points " on your D L, is the Anal Intercourse your Insurance Company will have with you .. via 'yer wallet !

... and if you have a C D L, the D L Nazi's from FMCSA will make certain you are unemployed

Cheap Advice ... if you get a ticket, fight it ... the Lawyer fee will be peanuts in comparison to the the financial raping you'll receive from the Insurance Nazi's, and that comes from a person who subscribes to ...

... " 99 % of Lawyers make the rest look bad "

Hope you have a good outcome .. and a lighter foot.
    That’s my point. If someone drives faster than the speed limit then there is a greater risk to the insurance company and that is passed along in the form of higher premiums. Without getting into the argument that speed itself causes wrecks, let me put it this way. Two identical vehicles are traveling the identical section of road, one is traveling at 35 MPH and the other at 50 MPH. Each impacts the same tree. Which vehicle is going to be more expensive to repair and which ones occupants are going to have higher hospital bills? Which vehicle would you want to be in? This is why insurance premiums go up and I’m all for it, after all, it helps to keep mine down.

Man up, and take responsibility, for your lack of such.....

Do the crime, do the time........

You knew the costs ahead of time, you chose to break the law, and got caught....

(York County)

see if you can meet with the citing officer before trial and ask him if he will reduce the offense in the interest of avoiding points.

pennsylvania does not allow probation before judgement, but a copy of your driving record can be had for $20 at any tag and title service (such as brimmers) and will be evidence of your clean record that will be persuasive to either the citing officer or the MDJ.

Quote Originally Posted by justashooter View Post
    see if you can meet with the citing officer before trial and ask him if he will reduce the offense in the interest of avoiding points.

pennsylvania does not allow probation before judgement, but a copy of your driving record can be had for $20 at any tag and title service (such as brimmers) and will be evidence of your clean record that will be persuasive to either the citing officer or the MDJ.

Justa,

You're entitled to one ' Free ' D L Transcript per year from your State Rep, just get the paperwork at his/her office.

Take Care
    " For the left, Freedom IS a Fringe Idea "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast