Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Recommend me a 3 point sling

I was looking into getting the Specter 3 Point Tactical Sling for my AR from Anvil Arms, but since they apparently went out of business, doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get one.

I would like a sling that allows for a quick transition to weak side. I've done some looking, but haven't found one that caught my attention, so I'm curious what you guys use and recommend.

Proud member of:

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Recommend me a 3 point sling

Not a 3 point.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

Have you check out the magpul ms2 sling with the asap plate? I should be getting mine next week some time. Here is a little something from there site. http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/51

Driven by the operational experience of Magpul DynamicsSM instructors, the MS2 Multi-Mission Sling System was designed to give a versatile weapon-retention solution for a multitude of tactical environments and missions. As a standalone product, the rapidly-convertible MS2 allows an operator to leverage the maneuverability of Single-Point® attachment for direct-action, or two-point attachment for stability. Single-hand adjustments, quick-detach lanyard and positive-locking metal hardware provide flexibility and durability in a truly adaptable sling system.

Used in conjunction with the Magpul ASAP® plate (sold separately), the MS2 enables seamless transitions into an array of shooting positions without getting bound or fouled. The MS2 concept allows switching from Weapon Shoulder to Reaction Shoulder for shooting around corners, under vehicles, or to minimize exposure. The MS2 can also increase operator survivability by keeping the weapon in the fight in case of injury to the operator's shoulder, arm, or hand.

The ASAP Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point allows a range of motion greater than 180 degrees, enabling true ambidextrous weapon manipulation for both left and right handed shooters. The ASAP replaces the standard AR15/M4 carbine stock receiver end plate, providing a tactical advantage by minimizing snagging and facilitating easy transition to and from weapon and reaction side shoulders. The ASAP works with Single-Point® type slings with snap hook style attachments such as the Magpul MS2 Sling.

(Luzerne County)

Don't get a 3-point sling, they suck.

Get a good 2 or 1 point sling.

I have the Magpul plate on my rifle using a Blackhawk single point sling and it works fine. But.........I have Magpul's MS2 sling coming in to replace it. I like the option of being able to use the MS2 as either a single or two point sling.

(York County)

Giles Tactical Sling from Wilderness Tactical may be what you're looking for. I have one that was literally never out of the house I'll sell you if you don't want to go in for a new Giles sling. Mine is for an A2 fixed stock rife and I no longer have a firearm in that configuration. PM me if you're interested.

I prefer 2 point to 3 point slings. Look at the Vickers Combat sling. I have one & it works great for me.
    http://vickerstactical.com/larry-vic...-combat-sling/
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Philadelphia County)

I got a two point from LaRue (I think it's a V-Tac with their name).
    I like it. I don't care for the single point slings I've tried but might someday try one again.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll look at them all. I was wrong in my OP, though. I thought the Specter sling was only offered through Anvil Arms, but apparently Specter is a separate company.

Any particular reason why you guys prefer 2 point over 3 point slings?

Proud member of:

(Philadelphia County)

Well for starters 2 points are smaller simpler lighter more versatile slings. Then there's the fact that they don't cover the bolt catch or cover up anything mounted on an entire rail. It's just the evolution of design, less complicated more capable.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Montgomery County)

That makes sense.

I'm liking the Vikings Tactics VTAC sling, so that's probably what I'll end up getting.

Proud member of:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast