Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default You don't take for granted your freedoms until....

...you're spending three weeks in Wisconsin. Guns are legal in WI for residents and non-residents but only to OC. I hope this state comes to their senses in the next couple of years and allow law abiding citizens to carry conceal. Feels awkward in public not carrying, I guess I spend to much time in "shall issue" states.

edit: I'm in Marshfield, WI. Very nice area and people, I feel safe in the area without my gun but I sure miss not carrying a gun; all though it's secured in my car "legally". Granted WI isn't anywhere near as bad as MD or NJ.
    Last edited by pennsy; January 23rd, 2010 at 08:27 AM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: You don't take for granted your freedoms until....

So you'd prefer to not carry at all as opposed to legally OCing while there?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Westmoreland County)

So Open Carry... I don't see the problem. Not sure what you mean by "legally"?

(Delaware County)

I agree with the other guys, OC!!! Stand up for the rights that they do "Allow" people to have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    So Open Carry... I don't see the problem. Not sure what you mean by "legally"?
    Not sure about WI, but in some states, municipalities are allowed to have "grandfathered" laws that prohibit firearms carry. For instance, it's legal to OC in DE, but Dover, Smyrna, & maybe some other's, have old laws on the books that prohibit carry without a DE CCW.

The only way to stay legal is to research the carry laws of each state you're traveling in.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I'm not 100% sure, but WI's only restriction on OC are those pesky school zones, as well as the usual courthouses and whatnot.
    LOL, I am a woman...

If you REALLY want to miss your right to defend yourself, spend a week in Apartheid Chicago! That's exactly what I did at Christmas. You can't even defend yourself in your home! So of course I had to make several trips to my aunt's home that was broken into TWICE last year. I couldn't wait to get back to the United States.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Centre County)

I'm not a fan of OC, mostly for four reasons, don't want a sign on my back saying shoot me first; I don't have the training to OC; I don't have a retention holster; and last, I don't feel like getting beaten by the local police because some sheep called them about a guy with a gun in Walmarts. I don't need to tell most members here that the police will not always understand you're rights. But I'm here on business and if I'm in jail then I'm not where I'm suppose to be everyday. Personal preference.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I'm not a fan of OC, mostly for four reasons, don't want a sign on my back saying shoot me first; I don't have the training to OC; I don't have a retention holster; and last, I don't feel like getting beaten by the local police because some sheep called them about a guy with a gun in Walmarts. I don't need to tell most members here that the police will not always understand you're rights. But I'm here on business and if I'm in jail then I'm not where I'm suppose to be everyday. Personal preference.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Nehhhhhhh.............This has been discussed numerous times and the first post about someone that got shot for OC has to be put up yet.
    To many people are phobic about this. IMO it's called "cluck cluck"........chicken..... I don't see any reason why you should not open carry. Unless you don't stand for your rights of course?????

I'll be damned if I have to hide behind my coat. And businesses that don't support the 2nd can go **** themselves because they don't deserve my business if they whine about it.
    Last edited by D10; January 23rd, 2010 at 08:31 PM.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast