Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Since Bushmaster Screwed the Pooch...

With the ACR costing $3000 each, I have a question. What AR knockoff rifle should i buy? I keep hearing the XCR.

I would like to have a charging handle forward on the left side, like the SCAR, ACR, and XCR. i'd like a folding/collapsing stock, though collapsing would be better. I guess multiple calibers would be cool, but i really don't think i will actually shoot a second caliber. i'd probably buy a whole second rifle first.

What are my options in a rifle whose price won't leave my wallet feeling like it was held down on the 50 yard line and raped by the team mascots at halftime during the Superbowl?
    We've been monitoring him on the e-mail for a while. --York PD Lt. Gene Fells

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Since Bushmaster Screwed the Pooch...

The most popular response in the Shrubmaster fallout is Robinson XCR.

Why not a piston AR?
    AR accessories - Barbie for men

(Allegheny County)

You could always be adventurous and build a side-charging AR:

ASA AR-15 M4 Side Charger Upper Receiver
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

Quote Originally Posted by sdsorrentino View Post
    With the ACR costing $3000 each, I have a question. What AR knockoff rifle should i buy? I keep hearing the XCR.
    I haven't been following the Bushmaster thing. Does someone have a good summary of the situation, or even just a URL I can look at to get the info?

Thanks!

(Philadelphia County)

I'd say rather than buying an AR clone why not just buy an AR. You can get a Colt, BCM, LMT and other top quality AR's for $1500 or less and then have plenty left over to spend on magazines ammo and training.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    I haven't been following the Bushmaster thing. Does someone have a good summary of the situation, or even just a URL I can look at to get the info?

Thanks!
    http://www.firearmstrainingandtactic...ton-ACR-Video!

http://www.bushmaster.com/Press-release-11810.asp

I'd say rather than buying an AR clone why not just buy an AR.
    You've missed the point. it doesn't make any difference who makes the thing, they are all clones of the AR (unless Stoner makes it, then it is an AR).

what i want is a forward side charging handle, maybe a piston, definately a folding and or collapsable stock. standard poodle shooter caliber.

I really don't want to have to learn Tactical Rifle Yoga in order to work the charging handle on a standard AR/Clone. The Army always assumed we would use our right hands to pull the charging handle, but more modern schools of thought tell you not to take your firing hand off the pistol grip, meaning you have to cross over.

Aside from the SCAR and the XCR, is there anything else that has the forward charging handle? I'll check out the side charging ASA upper.
    We've been monitoring him on the e-mail for a while. --York PD Lt. Gene Fells

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sdsorrentino View Post
    You've missed the point. it doesn't make any difference who makes the thing, they are all clones of the AR (unless Stoner makes it, then it is an AR).

what i want is a forward side charging handle, maybe a piston, definately a folding and or collapsable stock. standard poodle shooter caliber.

I really don't want to have to learn Tactical Rifle Yoga in order to work the charging handle on a standard AR/Clone. The Army always assumed we would use our right hands to pull the charging handle, but more modern schools of thought tell you not to take your firing hand off the pistol grip, meaning you have to cross over.

Aside from the SCAR and the XCR, is there anything else that has the forward charging handle? I'll check out the side charging ASA upper.
    Hmmm are we talking about the AR here or the AK? Cause the AR has the charging handle at the top of the upper receiver where it is operable by either hand and the only people I have ever seen the army teach to operate the charging handle with their right hand were southpaws.
    Now, as long as we are actually talking about the AR's I'd rather go with them rather than anything with a forward reciprocating charging handle no matter which side it is on. The one complaint I hear popping up time and time again with that style charging handle, is the fact that the charging handle reciprocates and either bites hands or catches on equipment. I can see the appeal that that style charging handle would have being that the SCAR is the flavor of the month right now but I really don't see that it offers any appreciable advantage to justify switching platform and relearning the manual of arms. Oh, and you're going to have to wait until tomorrow to get me started on piston guns, if it truly is the AR we are discussing here that is.
    Oh, and Stoner has never produced rifles, Eugene was a weapons designer who worked for Armalite (not the company we know today, they're just using the name) and Knight's so by your definition the AR is actually a fantasy weapon and this entire market and military complex has been built up around clones (or has one of us just been watching too many shitty Star Wars prequels?)
    I look forward to finding out what weapon you are actually talking about.

Will the real Jango Fett please stand up?
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

just watched a review on the xcr and i think the ruger sr556 is a better option but thats me. This guy does tons of gun and knife reviews his name is nutnfancy here is the link to the xcr review. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDT7yAmB6bI
    Last edited by Normlizer; January 22nd, 2010 at 03:02 AM.

(Northampton County)

Why not go for the top charging AR like it was originally designed?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast