Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Talking I want some guns!

I was shooting not too long ago with a buddy of mine who is pretty 2nd ammendment-challenged and seldom gets an opportunity to shoot. For a guy who rarely gets to a range, he sure was shooting awfully good, better than me at one point. This guy works out a lot and I finally made the connection that having huge arms and being able to keep the keep the gun totally imobilized with vise-like intensity probably helps accuracy a whole lot.

With that being said, I want some guns! No not firearm guns (actually that's a flat out lie, I want more of those too), but big beefy arms. Eventually I want to take a picture of myself shooting a Python with my set of Pythons. Anyone here do a lot of lifting that could share some suggestions for someone just starting out?

(Chester County)

Default Re: I want some guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseybacon View Post
    I was shooting not too long ago with a buddy of mine who is pretty 2nd ammendment-challenged and seldom gets an opportunity to shoot. For a guy who rarely gets to a range, he sure was shooting awfully good, better than me at one point. This guy works out a lot and I finally made the connection that having huge arms and being able to keep the keep the gun totally imobilized with vise-like intensity probably helps accuracy a whole lot.

With that being said, I want some guns! No not firearm guns (actually that's a flat out lie, I want more of those too), but big beefy arms. Eventually I want to take a picture of myself shooting a Python with my set of Pythons. Anyone here do a lot of lifting that could share some suggestions for someone just starting out?
    I am not a bodybuiler by any means, but the key to gaining size is.

1.) Eat (you want to eat at least 1 gram or protien per pound of body weight)
    2.) Workout to failure
    3.) Eat!!
    4.) Sleep
    5.) Repeat

(Bucks County)

Start by training light and doing lots of reps to increase your muscular indurance. Then gradually start adding weight and decreasing your sets and reps until you're doing no more than 5 reps per set with 80-85% of your one rep max. A good belt and some wrist wraps will be necessary once you start lifting heavy. Always, ALWAYS have somebody spot for you.

You have to train your whole body. Just having a big set of guns will make you look goofy. If you want to get big, then you really want to get big all over and not just have big biceps.

You'll also want to increase your protein intake.

There's lots of info on the net about diets and training regimens.

(Westmoreland County)

For what you want, I'd suggest a tube of steel about 2 feet long, some rope and a weight. The weight should be about 10 lbs to start. Tie the rope around the middle of the steel rod and the other end to the weight. hold the steel bar directly in front of you and use your hands to turn it. If you do it right, the rope will wrap around the pole and lift the weight up. Do this until it hurts then do it every day or every other day a few times. When it doesn't hurt anymore, double the weight and go at it again.

This will focus on your hands/grip and forearms.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack