Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 2010 Second Amendment Liberty in PA is Second to None rally & lobbying event.

I downloaded the Capitol Police firearm check-in form from the rally site and added form-fields to the items that could be filled out in advance. You can fill them out in your Acrobat-Reader before printing it out, print it blank and hand write it, or mix and match if you haven't selected your fashion accessory for that day yet.

The form-version is located here: http://forum.pafoa.org/attachment.ph...1&d=1271854880
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Franklin County)

Default Re: 2010 Second Amendment Liberty in PA is Second to None rally & lobbying event.

I should be there. If anyone wants to ride along or follow me up, let me know. I'll try to get my wifes Honda Hybrid that day to save on gas.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]Since open carry long guns is being brought.
    Perhaps it is not obvious but this does preclude LONG GUNS!
    But LONG ARMS are NOT covered by the storage law (Title 18, section 913) and ‘transport’ is different than ‘carry’. In addition ‘dangerous weapons’ are not defined to include firearms and especially not long guns.
    WHAT DOES FREEDOM MEAN TO YOU? & what are you willing to do to keep that precious freedom?
    Yeah, carrying long arms is just for crazies. It's not like there's any need, right, or duty to deter tyranny and take the greatest insurances against crime.

Oh.

It's one thing to dissuade the OC less LTCF of handguns or carry of long arms and another to explain possible procedural issues raised solely by the state. It is another thing altogether, and probably wrong, to suggest that long arms cannot be checked by law.

"Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility . . . lockers or similar facilities . . . for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law. Any individual checking a firearm, dangerous weapon or an item deemed to be a dangerous weapon at a court facility must be issued a receipt."

What possible point could the legislature have had in including that phrase, "item deemed" not alone but ALONGSIDE 'dangerous weapon' itself? I agree 913 is shit, and that non-readers or those not weary might say no on OC or long arms. But to say that a long arm could not be 'deemed' to be a 'dangerous weapon' wouldn't be correct nor is it precluded by the phrase "firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109". Asking the security personnel if they think the long arm is a dangerous weapon will surely fool them all day. I could even go as far to say that a person simply licensed (that is, who has had a background check with a sheriff waiting to revoke the license on appropriate information) is a person who could be considered to be carrying under 6109 (the LTCF) or 6106(b) (the exceptions, like a reciprocated permit/license) on the basis that it is unclear because of the definition of "firearms" in (f). We also know the truth is that when the Captiol runs out of lockers, they just throw guns into rooms.

So, I agree that people should consider calling ahead to the Capitol Police to hash this out and that was a good idea, but please be weary of stepping from suggestion and explanation of the reality of procedure by a party we can't control to an improbable reading of law.

Maybe this April I can finally find a legislator to work with me on a bill to simply destroy the UFA.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910