Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Glock 17 vs Glock 19 who wins? Or maybe another model?

I went through the exact same dilemma, i did alot of research and read ALOT of reviews.

This is what i read in the course of my own research. The glock 19 is the most popular of any glock model, it comprises a huge part of the 9mm carry market, it may even be the most widely carry compact gun ever right now. And its easier to shoot than the 17 bc its a lill more natural feeling and ergonomic than the longer, more awkward 17.

I obviously ended up buying the 19, its a great choice, very easy to shoot. That being said, i wasnt aware there was a 9mm conversion barrel for the G22, i might have gotten that one instead if i knew. 3 guns in 1 is a pretty nice perk...something to think about

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunMan21 View Post
    And its easier to shoot than the 17 bc its a lill more natural feeling and ergonomic than the longer, more awkward 17.
    that is most definitely a matter of opinion.
    F*S=k

(Lehigh County)

I went through the exact same dilemma, i did alot of research and read ALOT of reviews.

This is what i read in the course of my own research
    . The glock 19 is the most popular of any glock model, it comprises a huge part of the 9mm carry market, it may even be the most widely carry compact gun ever right now. And its easier to shoot than the 17 bc its a lill more natural feeling and ergonomic than the longer, more awkward 17.

RedToyota, thats what i read, as clearly stated. Never shot a G17 so I dont know for myself, but that being said.....isnt he asking us for our opinion anyway?

(Allegheny County)

Yeah the 17 is probably the most natural pointing of them all, fits the hand the best, and has the best balance. It also has the largest WOW factor of them all. A G26 is a heavy bulky pistol. The G17 is a feather in comparison to it's size. Where you don't really get that effect with the smaller ones.

I think if you handled a 17 you would like it as well if your hands were large enough to get a full grip on it.

But like you said it's all down to opinion. Everyone's different. I have big hands, but I'm not a big person. Which would make the 17 a range gun for me.

I definitely understand your LRT's point about 'who cares' but I'd rather have a genuine chance at concealing it than being forced to open carry or for lack of better terms 'strap it to my forehead'.

Which does impact 'my' decision.

It may be obvious from my name as to what I own, and I love it. However, like a lot of people here have said, put 50 rounds through both if you can, and see what you feel most comfortable with. From there you have to determine what your objective is. Are you planning on concealed carry? Is this a range/plinking gun? Is mag capacity an issue for you? Either way, you'll be purchasing a great gun.

(Allegheny County)

RedToyota, thats what i read, as clearly stated. Never shot a G17 so I dont know for myself, but that being said.....isnt he asking us for our opinion anyway?
    it's cool. it's just the way you worded it made it sound (to me, anyway) like you were saying there is some kind of consensus that the 19 is more ergonomic and easier to shoot than the 17 because it is smaller.

i just wanted to point out that there is no such consensus. if anything, most people generally find larger guns easier to shoot.

some people do prefer the feel of the 19's grip. but many, like me for example, prefer the 17's grip.
    F*S=k

I've carried the 17,19, and 26 over a period of years having all of them available at the same time to compare. I wound up picking the 17 and 26 to carry on a daily basis but if you're only getting one Glock 9mm I'd say get a 19. The G19 is the best all around size.

(Fayette County)

I'm with Orive8. After taking one of his classes, I sold both my G23, and G17 and picked up a G26, and a G19. I carry the G19 about 80-90% of the time, but the G26 comes in handy in the summer with just a tee shirt...

I am picking up another G19 soon, and i hope to eventually pick up a new G17 after that.

(Lehigh County)

I think the G19 has more versatility since it can use the G17 magazines. If you're going to carry, then the 19 is probably better. Range, then the 17 would be preferred.
    Bullets will be the currency of the future

(Lancaster County)

All I know is that as far as 9 mil goes, I have a Sig 226, Kahr PM9, two Beretta 92s, Hi-Point 995 and a Glock 19. I still feel incomplete not having a 17.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast