Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SA, DA/SA, DAO

(York County)

Default Re: SA, DA/SA, DAO

Sig has a Double Action Kellerman that's relatively new to the market. The initial trigger pull is supposed to be lighter. This site has the specifics on it.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: SA, DA/SA, DAO

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    ... One of the last pistols I got to shoot was a Taurus PT92 that was DA/SA. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but the DA to SA was a hugely noticeable difference. First shot took a long, smooth pull of the trigger for DA, the next shots took a huge about of takeup then a fairly short pull to fire the next shots SA.

Do all DA/SA pistols have this problem? Is it just one of the caveats of the design? I have to say that going from the long smooth pull of the first round to the long takeup before a short crisp pull of the next rounds was rather disconcerting. Basically, I'm not a big fan of DA/SA pistols.

Any pistol I get is going to end up being either single action only or double action only. Now if anyone can point me towards a DA/SA system that doesn't suffer from the odd feeling setup like I mentioned, I'm all ears (and trigger fingers if someone will let me try them out)
    Well, the Walther P99 AS has a DA/SA/AS trigger system.

After the initial slide rack, the trigger is in AS (Anti-Stress) mode. This is pretty much the same as you had described, long, light pull (DA length) to the SA trigger set point (the trigger will set at the SA point). However after firing the first round, the P99 AS functions in SA mode with a short reset and light pull (about half the DA/AS pull length/weight).

The P99 AS also has a decocking button set flush in the rear of the slide. Depressing the button puts the trigger into DA mode - long heavy pull (about twice the SA pull). Like the SA mode, once the first round is fired, the trigger will be in SA mode (crisp, short reset, with lighter pull).

Here is a link to a very good youtube video detailing the P99 AS trigger system.
    Walther P99 AS Trigger

As was mentioned, the DA/SA trigger systems are not for everyone.
    While I do have a P99 AS (9mm), unfortunately I don't think that I am close enough to let you give the P99 trigger system a test (I am in northwestern Beaver County).

Gene

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12