Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: York IWLA Pistol Fun Shoot - Sat 01/23/10

I'll be there. Look for the guy wearing the black fleece with the QRT flash and that'll be me.

Looks like it's going to be a nice day to get out and shoot, just have to dress a little warmer and water proof shoes/boots lol.
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

(York County)

Another safe and enjoyable fun shoot! What a nice day we had to come out and shoot. Anyone who doesn't come to these...well...you are just missing out. They are VERY low stress....very safety concious....and a great way to shoot at something other than paper.

Today...we had lots of falling steel targets. Got to shoot at 'Little Hugs' juice containers. (My favorite was when the RO for our squad said, "You may engage the beverage.") Shot some clay targets (you got to choose your distance). And lots more. I think an enjoyable time was had by all. My wife had such a good time, we went pistol shopping afterwards. (I have plenty of pistols...but she wants 'one of her own'...sheesh, go figure)

I believe that they had said that today was a record number of shooters and a record number of 'new' shooters to the funshoots! How great is that?!?!

Major cudos to Gary and those that help put these on. What an outstanding job they do. There is another one next month, folks....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    Another safe and enjoyable fun shoot! What a nice day we had to come out and shoot. Anyone who doesn't come to these...well...you are just missing out. They are VERY low stress....very safety concious....and a great way to shoot at something other than paper.

Today...we had lots of falling steel targets. Got to shoot at 'Little Hugs' juice containers. (My favorite was when the RO for our squad said, "You may engage the beverage.") Shot some clay targets (you got to choose your distance). And lots more. I think an enjoyable time was had by all. My wife had such a good time, we went pistol shopping afterwards. (I have plenty of pistols...but she wants 'one of her own'...sheesh, go figure)

I believe that they had said that today was a record number of shooters and a record number of 'new' shooters to the funshoots! How great is that?!?!

Major cudos to Gary and those that help put these on. What an outstanding job they do. There is another one next month, folks....
    Yes It was a great time, and those little juice bottles were tough! LOL. We all had a good time and lots of laughs.
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

Just some folks that came to the shoot. It was a nice turn out!
    Attached Images Attached Images

(York County)

I wish I had seen this, the last one I went to was alot of fun! I'll keep my eyes open for another one.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(York County)

I have told several people here at my office about it and they are all interested. I'm not sure how many will actually go. People seem starved for events like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12