Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Positive "Non-encounter"

Wednesday morning, ten am, I'm sitting in my truck on break at ACME (my p/t gig) when I see a Springfield (Montco) PD SUV cruise by. I don't think anything of it, as they are always driving through our lot. I look down at my CB to see what channel I'm on and I sense someone next to my window. I look up, and there stands the officer who just drove by. Hmmmm, what's this about? Put down my window and offer a "How's it going? Can I help you?". He then proceeds to ask where I got my cab-mounted running lights installed, how it was done and approximate cost. Interesting.

We chatted about our respective trucks for a few minutes, then I laid it on him.

"So, what is your department-issued sidearm?"

He looks, not shocked, but kind of like a kid that was just asked about his favorite Christmas present. We go on talking guns for about 15 minutes (our mutual fondness for AR's, discussing my previous non-encounter, how he handles different "stop scenarios", the whole officer safety thing) then tells me 90% of their force is pro-gun and have ZERO problem with people carrying legally.

Overall we talked close to a half-hour, which doubled my breaktime. Ooops. Well, I WAS being questioned by the police...............
    "bukakee ≠ waterboarding" ~tlgpa

Default Re: Positive "Non-encounter"

Quote Originally Posted by s.bass73 View Post
    Overall we talked close to a half-hour, which doubled my breaktime. Ooops. Well, I WAS being questioned by the police...............
    Some day, I swear, I will violate some serious traffic rules just to get first hand experience myself. These cops around here just never pull me over for speeding on a motor scooter. Oh well, I'll put an NRA sticker on it tomorrow, maybe that will get their attention.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Wednesday morning, ten am, I'm sitting in my truck on break at ACME (my p/t gig) when I see a Springfield (Montco) PD SUV cruise by. I don't think anything of it, as they are always driving through our lot. I look down at my CB to see what channel I'm on and I sense someone next to my window. I look up, and there stands the officer who just drove by. Hmmmm, what's this about? Put down my window and offer a "How's it going? Can I help you?". He then proceeds to ask where I got my cab-mounted running lights installed, how it was done and approximate cost. Interesting.

We chatted about our respective trucks for a few minutes, then I laid it on him.

He looks, not shocked, but kind of like a kid that was just asked about his favorite Christmas present. We go on talking guns for about 15 minutes (our mutual fondness for AR's, discussing my previous non-encounter, how he handles different "stop scenarios", the whole officer safety thing) then tells me 90% of their force is pro-gun and have ZERO problem with people carrying legally.

So, you were being "detained" by a LEO

(Erie County)

IDIOT!!!!!! You should have told him you know your rights and don't have to answer any of his questions!!!!!!!!!

Thats pretty cool, LEO's are people too, even though some are Nazi-like.
    Got stopped 1 time while trucking, to check out my paperwork, and we talked about almost everything for over a 1/2 hour. PSP officer, who told me he was assigned DOT duty, even thought he hated it, and didn't hate truckers, like so many seem to.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Allegheny County)

Watch out for the OTHER 10%!!
    "A Man's Just Got To Know His Own Limitations"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by joecon View Post
    Watch out for the OTHER 10%!!
    Yeah, the others are pretty much "I've got nothing better to do than bust balls". Though when I've run into them while at the store they are always polite.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
    Some day, I swear, I will violate some serious traffic rules just to get first hand experience myself. These cops around here just never pull me over for speeding on a motor scooter. Oh well, I'll put an NRA sticker on it tomorrow, maybe that will get their attention.

Jan
    Not entirely sure I understand.......................any of this.
    Lack of sleep, perhaps.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post

Jan
    Craving that much for attention Jan? ....tsk tsk tsk tsk.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Franklin County)

So what was the issued sidearm? Glock?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    So what was the issued sidearm? Glock?

H&K P2000 in .40. Not much of a fan of it, either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast