Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Adams County)

Default Re: Generation 4 Glocks are out

I picked up my gen 4 17 today. Put 50 rounds through it. So far I have nothing but praise for this gun. It feels great in my hands, and it's dead on accurate right out of the box.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    I thought that these guns have already been in the hands of LE and being shot for the last 7-8 months? Something tells me all this dual recoil assembly "problems" - aren't.

Remember the G26/G27 etc has a dual recoil assembly from go. The dual setup isn't new to Glock, it may be to the larger framed guns, but certainly isn't out of their realm of capability. A little faith gentlemen...
    Yeah, but the thing is subcompact slide speeds are totally different than full size speeds.

Mechanical dwell time is shorter, velocity is faster, springs are stronger, there is a narrower window which the next round needs to feed from the magazine from, etc.

Some LE depts may also be using stronger duty ammo for testing, too....not WWB or value target ammo.

I really hope they do run just as well, I'm just hesitant to trust something as much as I trust what has proven to be the "gold standard" in reliability for the past 20 years.

i've never had any (recoil) problems with the 45ACP or 9mm Glocks, but i will agree i think the 40S&W Glocks need some recoil spring help, and i think what Glock is doing is a move in the right direction.

not that it will help me, i won't be buying another 40S&W Glock for a while...
    Last edited by chauncey; February 8th, 2010 at 11:56 PM.

(Erie County)

Thumbs down Re: Generation 4 Glocks are out

I was out to Erie Sports Store and took a look at the gen 4 G22, upon field strip disassembly/reassembly I noticed the recoil spring can get twisted and not sit right. thus causing the slide to sit back about 1/32" and that doesn't fly with me. I am happy with my Gen 3, IMHO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234