Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default England is a war zone

I watch Skynews out of London each morning to find out what's happening in the old world. It seems there is a daily report of at least one murder somewhere in the country.
    Saturday a guy got beaten to death by three youths, Sunday a motorcyclist was shot dead on the M40 motorway, and yesterday a two year old was stabbed to death and the mother is in the hospital with stab wounds. I thought when they got rid of the guns in England it was suppose to be more peaceful and safe.
    After watching Skynews every day London seems like a war zone.
    Four more days to go for the week lets see how many more get killed.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: England is a war zone

I forget the numbers but I recall the same being said for Washington DC. I wonder what they blame crime on when no one is allowed to have guns?

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs down England is losing itself

England is all mixed up. The laws there absolutely prohibit self defense - you can only fight back if you are truly cornered, and then it is only to elicit an escape. Somebody in YOUR house? It' s not considered a threat to you personally if they are only after your goodies. Better not hurt 'em - as we saw with the pepperspray case. I find it shocking that their firearms deaths have gone UP since they banned firearms ownership. I won't comment anymore on gun-ban nonsense; we all know it doesn't work, some of the proof is in England. Then again, I have common sense, a trait not required for employment as a politician.

England is slipping down the road of tyranny. As evidenced by their weapons laws and new security laws: the Gov't has a security mindset that everyone is not to be trusted. Good citizen? PROVE IT. Not breaking laws? ONLY A MATTER OF TIME, CITIZEN. This should be a wake up call for us if Jolly Old Pint-and-a-Pie England is acting like a bunch of nascent Fascists.

Anyone watch Children of Men?(Link) If not SEE IT. Absolutely frightening vision of a totalitarian state in the UK; Directed by a guy who has a nightmare vision of where his country is going.

yes I know it's for the Waffen SS, shut up, the job of Nerd was already claimed by me!

England is now taking that first adolescent step on the path of SS and Gestapo righteousness - they are bypassing individual rights in favor of State Security:

Police to use terror laws on Heathrow climate protesters

I'll summarize so you don't have to burn your eyes out reading a lefty newpaper:
    (This is a cut and paste of my comments from another forum where I commented on the same story, so if it is out of context, sorry):

OneLung says:
    THIS is why I'm heavily armed. This Security mentality seems to be getting worse.

Those who are criminals are now no longer a "public threat" but instead a "terrorist threat to State Security". This allows the government to proceed with the abandonment of the laws that protect the individual:

*Due process,
    *Freedom from illegal search and seizure,
    *Freedom from self-incrimination,
    *The necessity and process of acquisition search warrants with propper evidence.

Probable cause is now unnecessary - anyone making trouble that the State rules "unseemly" is now a "terrorist". Trust me, I hate these fuckers who turn a good peaceful protest into a riot as much as the next guy. They usually make things worse, especially for the cause that they believe in (stop global warming, stop globalization, blahblahblah.) But I also hate, far far more BTW, governments that oppress their people in the name of "security". History has proven me right time and time again:

*There's a large difference between "safety" and "security"
    *Governments rarely have the peoples' best interests at heart
    *Ben Franklin: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. "
    *A government that wants to disarm you is not to be trusted
    *"Security" and "Freedom" are mutually opposing. The question is what ratio do you want both in?

Am I being paranoid? Maybe. Ask the kids at Tiananmen Square how their peaceful protest is going.

Too bad you guys in the UK were disarmed in the name of "public safety". Have fun fighting back with your.......votes *snicker*. Make sure you watch "Children of Men". Repeatedly.

I wonder what the next round will be? Arresting peaceful protesters? "They were blocking access to a location. That is a terrorist act." This GWOT allows our fearless leaders to label anything as "terrorist" and lock it away without trial. Better not jaywalk anymore.
    OneLung also says:

The Anti-Terror Law gives police powers to:

· Stop and search people and vehicles for anything that could be used in connection with terrorism [Commentary by OneLung: no probable cause other than "he was at the scene" necessary]

· Search people even if they do not have evidence to suspect them [See above.]

· Hold people for up to a month without charge [And you guys are worried about Gitmo? Its coming to Scotland Yard, sans torture (I hope......) You now get to take a ONE MONTH time out in the corner. No lawyer, no talky, no hope. This is essentially economic tyranny: how many of you can afford a month off from work/school?]

· Search homes and remove protesters' outer clothes, such as hats, shoes and coats. [Allow me to pontificate as if I were an expert, please: I don't know about the partial nekedness part, but the searching homes bit is your introduction to Fascism. Broad spectrum bullshit searches against "questionable" people leads to search and seizure of property and illegal detention without trial. Sounds good when its the "bad" people, but what happens when you become a "bad" person, simply because you don't agree with your Government? You guys should be outraged. Especially those of you who are so angry at Bush...your govt is acting the same way. Be very cautious of that "We are keeping you safe" line of shit. Its wonderful and squishy...until you are deemed a "security threat" and you run afoul of the Man.]
    Man, the UK is actually scary to me. A blue print for where we might head: it is easy for the Apparatus to label you a threat when you question the original threat, as in "Al-Queda blows, but we still feel you need search warrants, mr Man", to which Mr Man replies "What's the matter with you?!? Why are you trying to make it easier for them? You must be one of them" or some such thing.

Diego? You're an expat from there, yeah? What do you think?

Be Vigilant.
    Last edited by OneLungMcClung; August 14th, 2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Makin' it purdy!
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Allegheny County)

We have another one on Tuesday. A woman was killed at a Hospital in Rochdale located in Greater Manchester. One a day so far since Saturday.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: England is losing itself

Quote Originally Posted by OneLungMcClung View Post

Diego? You're an expat from there, yeah? What do you think?
    From the UK?

*hocks a loogie, spits on floor*

Never ever my friend. Im from Argentina. I wouldn't set foot on that god forsaken prison island, even if the queen herself invited me personally and offered to perform a blumpkin on me at the top of Big Ben.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    From the UK?

*hocks a loogie, spits on floor*

Never ever my friend. Im from Argentina. I wouldn't set foot on that god forsaken prison island, even if the queen herself invited me personally and offered to perform a blumpkin on me at the top of Big Ben.
    BWAHAHAHHAHAA!!!

Well shut my mouth!!

Note to OneLung: NEVER ASSUME. It makes an ASS out of U and ME

As for prison island...if it wasn't the land of fish'n'chips, killer beer, and saucy tarts, I couldn't agree more about setting foot there!

As for Argentina, I would love to go there someday. I have heard wonderful things......
    Last edited by OneLungMcClung; August 14th, 2007 at 04:56 PM.
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLungMcClung View Post
    As for prison island...if it wasn't the land of fish'n'chips, killer beer, and saucy tarts, I couldn't agree more about setting foot there!
    To give credit where credit is due, the British did give us the Beatles, Freddy Mercury's voice and IRON MAIDEN.

Regardless, I have a bunch of threads on wacky british violence on this forum, just do a search for "these wacky wacky brits" or something like that.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Erie County)

Terrorism Act 2000".

The law gives police powers to:

· Stop and search people and vehicles for anything that could be used in connection with terrorism

· Search people even if they do not have evidence to suspect them

· Hold people for up to a month without charge

· Search homes and remove protesters' outer clothes, such as hats, shoes and coats.
    I don't know how much anyone pays to the "terrorist" going ons in Britian and I know the news does a horrible job, but its quite scary.
    All of the "terrorist" busts they have they always will mentioned all of these scary terrorists that were arrested, but of course they fail to follow up that 3/4 of them get released and then the others get charged with something totally unrelated to terrorism. Thats what you get when you can arrest and hold people for no real reason.
    This happened during the terrorism bust that happened right after the Downing st. memo was leak and more recently the terrorism bust that happened right after the knightship for cash scandal.
    I wouldn't be surprised if these guys that had propane in their benz get released. It's all about fear

(Montgomery County)

I'll give credit where credit is due:

Dear England,

Thank you for the Magna Carta, our Founding Fathers, Webley Pistols, Enfield Rifles and Dr Who. Oh, and me BREN gun!

Sincerely,

GeorgeF