Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Taurus PT-99 Frame assembly

Good Evening everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I find a lot of helpful info from reading the forums, so I am hoping some of you fine folks might be able to help me.

I own an older model PT-99AF, I am hoping that I can upgrade it by either installing the parts for the decocker or maybe purchasing a surplus frame assembly from a newer generation (with the decocker parts and maybe the accessory rail).

Trying to get anything from Taurus is like trying to paint water, so hopefully some of the folks here might be able to help, thanks in advance.

Default Re: Taurus PT-99 Frame assembly

I also have an older (1988) PT99AF which is still giving me excellent surface. As far as your question goes I think it falls into the category of "you can do anything if you want to spend enough money". Although I am not positive I am pretty sure there were frame modifications to make the PT99 with the decocker. This would necessitate a new frame. I have never seen a "surplus frame" for anything.

I think the easier and least expensive way to achieve what you want is to sell your current Taurus and put the money toward a new one with the features you are looking for. The current 92 msrp is $571 and if you look I'm sure you can find it for $450 or so. Get $250 for your current gun plus $200 is a lot cheaper than trying to build your own.
    Last edited by GRIZ; January 12th, 2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: sp

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Taurus PT-99 Frame assembly

I was kina afraid that would be the answer, while I like the new features, my current 99 has a lot of tread on it, and other than the occassional bad feed, has never let me down majorly, I don't want to give it up yet. No I've never seen anything like "surplus" or aftermarket frames for Taurus PT's or Barettas for that matter, figured I'd check to see though, remembering that there is a rather large aftermarket for 1911s.

Thanks for the info.