Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sunday

Default Sunday

I’ve been a member of the Forum for several months and have enjoyed the learning experience.

Sunday I decided to come out of the closet – so to speak…..

Sunday started out early, we arrived at the local flea market around 0800. Spent about an hour and a half there as well as $40.00. Then went home to drop off the booty and walk the pooch. We decided to have a late breakfast and stopped at a local restaurant and had a great meal. Left there to go to CVS – vitamins and a prescription. From there off the other side of the river to Kids R Us to return something we picked up for one of our many grandchildren. My wife had some coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond and Old Navy, both in the same mall. Picked up several Xmas presents in Navy. Then decided that Bass Pro was just off the ramp and stopped in there to browse the clothes and fishing areas for anything that may be on sale. Nothing interesting. Got home just in time to see the first caution flag at the Glen.

The interesting part of this for me was that I open carried. To clarify open, I have a Walther PPK/S and use a Bianchi 100 IWB holster.

It was a different feeling. I was much more aware of where I was and who was around me. Not a negative thing or ‘on alert’ thing, but just the fact that if anyone looked they would see I was, as my wife says ’packing’. It was noticed several times in Old Navy and once in the bath store. Nothing negative.

Life is good.

IN DOG WE TRUST
    OBEY THE YELLOW LAB

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sunday

Congrats and welcome to the club

After a few months you'll just accept it and it looses it's every day factor and you wont even worry about other peoples thinking.