Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Calling all wheel gun nuts/aficionados/hardcores/stand-byers/lovers etc...explain why

Not looking to get into a pissing match of any kind, just want some insight from you wheel gun or nothing guys. I was at the gun shop the other day and a older gentleman came in and asked about a very specific revolver it has this feature but not that and it was this model but not the other, it seemed as if his homework was done, checked, rethought and signed and sealed and THAT was the gun he wanted. Not to put down a mans decision of a firearm I merely ask whats the love of revolvers?

Reliability is without question I know that, you pull the trigger the damn thing is going off...period, but maybe in my youthful age the allure of revolvers is lost on me. Sure the concealablity of a sneaky snub nose .38 is legit but my .40cal auto tucks away just as clean and compact. I have dozens of guns, autos and revolvers and after the 1000s of rounds ive shot the "anything your revolver can do my auto can do better" has stayed with me.

For those of you that choose to carry a wheel gun, what was the reasoning behind your decision?

Reliability and compactness are viable reasons, and I'm well aware the first accurate shot ends a fight but your putting a lot of faith in the gun you chose to defend your life and leaving it to 6 bullets again has me asking

....why??

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Calling all wheel gun nuts/aficionados/hardcores/stand-byers/lovers etc...explain

Revolvers are simple to operater and easy to master. Also you can pack more oomph into a more manageable package with a revolvers.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Calling all wheel gun nuts/aficionados/hardcores/stand-byers/lovers etc...explain

Why not?

They're beautiful and elegant, just like many autos are. Light, compact, fun to shoot, nice lines, good feel in the hand, simple to clean and maintain....can be said about almost everyone's favorite make/model/style.

Oh...and you can fire them with either hand, and do not have to rack a slide. No jams and if the round doesn't go off just pull the trigger again and no worries about copper ejecting. And no copper to pickup off the ground, either.

I'm no revolver only guy, but I do love the revolvers. My wife likes them too, since she has a rough time racking the slide of every other auto I own.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Berks County)

I'm Pretty new to Firearms and I Didn't care about revolvers until I shot a 44 Mag about 2 months ago Wow was that fun.
    I'm more into Tactical looking piece's but
    Some of the Newer Revolvers are very sharp looking.
    I plan to Buy many piece's Before I get a Revolver I'm pretty young so they Remind me of a cowboy Gun But they Sure go BOOM.When I shot that thing my arm flew up about a foot in the air I Can't remember the last time I smiled so hard.
    I actually have it on video.

(Delaware County)

Only drawback to a wheel gun is limited loaded rounds, my SP101 .357 magnum is only 5 rounds, I carry two speed loaders though.

Simplicity is the main reason I currently carry one, point & shoot.

The other reasons already mentioned work for me as well.

(Delaware County)

I hate policing brass...
    5-6 shots, hit the ejector, and reload.

It is my preferred drop in my pocket piece.

Mark my words, if Microstamping gets approved nation wide, the revolver will become the criminals first choice of weapon.
    Last edited by Dannytheman; January 9th, 2010 at 09:59 AM.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Can't see why anyone would want a revolver. Well, there is that simple, elegant, hotter round, darned accurate thing.

Revolvers are simpler to operate and maintain. They give more flexibility on ammo selection: I can go from pitty-pat to ROAR in the same gun without worrying about the next round feeding. I can stick my 442 in my front pocket and not worry about it being noticed. Simpler to carry.

It comes down to a matter of preference. I have both bottom feeders and revolvers. I tend to prefer the revolvers.

(Lebanon County)

the trigger pull on a smith in single action.
    higher power cartridges, but that's not a really good selling point, you still only have six or maybe seven of them.
    it's just one of those things that if you don't get it, you don't get it....which is fine.
    besides those auto guns are bottom feeders.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Luzerne County)

One of the atractions is the selection of calibers you can pick from.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Philadelphia County)

You know the other day I was out shooting and took my sister.
    She had a couple of misfires due to LIMP WRISTING the REVOLVER.
    Seriously though
    SImple/Clean/I have an 11 OZ 357.
    I have both in the safe and I just cant seem to leave the house without a revolver.
    Something about their simplicity and for the life of me I have never hears of not holding one right to make it go bang.
    Peter

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast