Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default I found a good deal on a Kimber!!!!

I found a good deal on a used Kimber tonight. I didn't fondle it too much, I didn't want it to follow me home. I have already spent too much money over the past 2 weeks. (Sig Mosquito and new Scope since 12/28)

This pistol has adjustable sights, (nite sites too) hogue grips (very soft), and 5" barrel. There is an idiot mark on the left side above the trigger, and some marks where the brass hit the slide.

From my quick inspection, that is all I could see... I had to put it down because I was having a hard time keeping my wallet in my pocket.

This pistol was sold to the gunshop because the guy lost his job a month ago. The asking price is $589.00, I am not an expert on Kimber, but I have never seen one even close to this price.

The shop is the Furniture and Firearms Depot in Mt Bethel Pa.(near Bangor)
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Default Re: I found a good deal on a Kimber!!!!

What model Kimber?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    What model Kimber?
    I don't recall... Again, I had to put it down... I couldn't let it come home with me... I will try to get the model tomorrow.

ETA: It looked a whole lot like this one: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=152333668
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I don't recall... Again, I had to put it down... I couldn't let it come home with me... I will try to get the model tomorrow.

ETA: It looked a whole lot like this one: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=152333668
    Without a model number it's really tough to say if it's a good deal or not.

(Mercer County)

Lucky for me, I like too many Kimbers.

I'll never have the cash...and I'll never decide which one, so I'm pretty safe.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Northampton County)

most used kimbers go for 650 700 depending on the model(Ive been looking) wow thats place is rite around the corner from the in laws. i just might have to check it out tomorrow. i will be up that way. Ive been tryin for the past few months to get a nice 1911

(Northampton County)

I stopped by firearms depot today to check out that kimber he cant sell it yet becasue he is waitin on the magazine. i checked it out it seems to be in pristine condition (excpect for the idiot scratch) question for you recon what do you think about the SCCY 9mm i mention how i found out bout the kimber and he told me you purchased the SCCY 9mm. thinking about getting one for the wife. Great price. what do you think about the pistol

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Dreggie View Post
    I stopped by firearms depot today to check out that kimber he cant sell it yet becasue he is waitin on the magazine. i checked it out it seems to be in pristine condition (excpect for the idiot scratch) question for you recon what do you think about the SCCY 9mm i mention how i found out bout the kimber and he told me you purchased the SCCY 9mm. thinking about getting one for the wife. Great price. what do you think about the pistol
    So you are the guy!!! I stopped in about 1/2 hour after you left to fondle it some more. I took some pictures of it for my friend at Ft Indiantown Gap. James said he should have added some money to the price to give me a cut. You and 2 other guys I know went in to look at it. I think it's a good price for that pistol.

I like the SCCY. It is great for CC. I have shot a few boxes of ammo through it and it works well. The trigger is long and heavy but with a little practice I was able to group it fairly well. If you have big hands you may want the kit that eliminates the thumb safety. The location of the safety is the only issue I have seen with that pistol. It doesn't get in the way when I fire the pistol, but when my wife shot it the safety engaged. I will be removing the thumb safety in the future.

My wife didn't like the SCCY at all. The grip roughed up her hand a little bit. You can shoot mine if you would like to "try before you buy". My schedule is a little crazy at the moment but I am sure I can arrange to meet you at a range near us.

(Northampton County)

well i was looking at the sccy for the wife , she is planning on getting her LTCF so i was looking for something small for her to cc. the price is rite and i matched it to the kel tec and and you get more form the buck. so im leaning towards it. but i been reading a lot a reviews about the safety issue.Now how much is the kit to remove it. i wont be carryin the sccy so its really up to what she thinks. im going to see james on friday afternoon im probably going to get the sccy or put some cash down on something else.(mabey the kimber) Ive been looking for a 1911 and thats the best deal ive ever seen on a kimber period. i usaully got to the firing line up past the whitehall mall(rt145). did any of those other guys purchase the kimber. I really like that shop james is a nice guy and tries hard to get you something you like. Not just throw it on you like other places, i think i found my new shop.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Dreggie View Post
    well i was looking at the sccy for the wife , she is planning on getting her LTCF so i was looking for something small for her to cc. the price is rite and i matched it to the kel tec and and you get more form the buck. so im leaning towards it. but i been reading a lot a reviews about the safety issue.Now how much is the kit to remove it. i wont be carryin the sccy so its really up to what she thinks. im going to see james on friday afternoon im probably going to get the sccy or put some cash down on something else.(mabey the kimber) Ive been looking for a 1911 and thats the best deal ive ever seen on a kimber period. i usaully got to the firing line up past the whitehall mall(rt145). did any of those other guys purchase the kimber. I really like that shop james is a nice guy and tries hard to get you something you like. Not just throw it on you like other places, i think i found my new shop.
    I think the newer Sccy pistols come with the kit to remove the safety. I do know that James keeps a couple on hand and has offered me one No Charge...

I like James and his shop. His prices are a couple dollars higher than some other places, but when I walk in there, there is no pressure. I stop in there when I can and we just shoot the bull. I think I found my new shop as well. I stopped in the Firing Line once, I don't think I want to spend time or money there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast