Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default CMP Update - M1 Again! & Carbine News

LATEST CMP SALES NEWS - 10 August 2007.

M1 GARAND AVAILABILITY. The Army is in process of transferring another large shipment of Garands to the CMP. We expect to complete the transfer in the next few weeks and to begin our Inspection/Repair/Grading process on these rifles before the end of the year. Because of this, we are now again accepting orders for Garands. Initial orders will probably be shipped within 30 days, but customers should expect a 60-120 day delivery time, or possibly longer, depending on the item ordered and the initial flood of orders. More information, as it becomes available, will be posted on the CMP Sales forum and on the Garand web page at http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm.

M1D and NATIONAL MATCH (NM) GARAND RIFLES NOW AVAILABLE. A limited quantity of M1D and NM Garands are now available for mail order and in-store sales at both the North and South stores. http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm.

M1 GARAND DRILL RIFLES. CMP still has 200 Garand drill rifles available in the stores and for mail order. For description and details, please see http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm.

LC .30-06 SOLD OUT. Lake City .30-06 ammunition is no longer available from the CMP. We are completely sold out and do not have any reason to expect more. Our inventory of HXP .30-06 M2 Ball is expected to last at least another 3-5 years. http://www.odcmp.com/ammo.htm.

NORTH STORE CLOSED 19 AUG - 5 SEP. The CMP North store at Camp Perry will be closed for inventory and recuperation from 19 Aug through 5 Sep. The store will resume normal hours of operation beginning 6 Sep. At this point we are not sure what rifles (if any) will be on the racks.

SOUTH STORE CLOSED 1 SEP. The CMP South store in Anniston, AL will be closed on Saturday, 1 Sep 2007 for the Labor Day weekend. Normal store hours will resume on 6 Sep.

INLAND CARBINE UPDATE. As of 9 Aug, 2007, all orders for Inland carbines have been filled and shipped. This does not include those on NICS delay or in our problem file pending the receipt of eligibility information from some customers. If you have placed an order for an Inland carbine and not yet received it, please email custserve@odcmp.com. Our I&R process has graded several hundred more Inland carbines as Service Grade than we expected. As a result, Inland carbines (while quantities last) are once again open for mail order and for store sales. Inland carbines are now in stock at the South store, and will be on the racks at the North store when it reopens on 6 Sep. Our limit of one per customer (for Inland only) has been discontinued. http://www.odcmp.com/rifles/carbine.htm.

UNDERWOOD CARBINE UPDATE. Next manufacturer to be released will be Underwood. Less than 3,200 available. Price for Underwood carbines is $565, plus $22.95 S&H. We will begin accepting orders on 4 Sep 2007. For details, please see http://www.odcmp.com/rifles/carbine.htm.

M1 GARAND RECEIVERS. CMP is currently sold out of Garand stripped receivers, but will have some Grade C Springfield Armory and possibly other manufacturers in other grades available within the next 30-60 days. As these receivers become ready for sale, the information will be posted on http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm.

(Centre County)

Default Re: CMP Update - M1 Again! & Carbine News

A trip to the group shoot and now I read this.

A I'm going to go broke

B philly you made may day complete!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Lebanon County)

Now that I got a few bucks it's hard not to buy a carbine, and a grand. I defiantly got to get my hand on a lovely carbine though. I'm going to have to PM you, philly to help me make my selection, and then be the first in line when they're available.

(Lebanon County)

I'm just interested to know if anyone has an opinion of about the CMP SELECT GRADE: (Excellent)

CMP's new grade of M1 Garand. Limited run of 1,000 Garands available for sale beginning 17 Sept, 2007. This rifle consists of a new production stock and handguard set with CMP cartouche, a new production barrel and new leather sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture. 2007 Introductory Price is $895.00 plus S&H.

Sounds like a really nice m1, but only raped of the history in it. There's something about a beat up stock, and a few dents in the steel that I like to see in an old rifle, but seeing it comes with a new barrel it's hard to pass up I think. I have all the way until sept. 17th to think about it so help me out.

I was going for a carbine, but some chap had made me agree with him that the m1 is the way to go economically for it should see steeper prices sooner while there's the chance the carbines could bottom out price wise.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    I was going for a carbine, but some chap had made me agree with him that the m1 is the way to go economically for it should see steeper prices sooner while there's the chance the carbines could bottom out price wise.

If you are looking at your purchase this way, then I would go with a Collector or Service grade having.

just my .02

(Lebanon County)

Well the only problem with the service grade for me is that when it comes to bores I'm picky, and even "minor imperfections" scares me. Especially over the internet. Do you have any experience with such a description? If minor means the bore is still pretty much perfect then I'll defiantly have to consider it for the amount of money I can save. $600 for an m1 is a pretty damn good deal.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    Well the only problem with the service grade for me is that when it comes to bores I'm picky, and even "minor imperfections" scares me. Especially over the internet. Do you have any experience with such a description? If minor means the bore is still pretty much perfect then I'll defiantly have to consider it for the amount of money I can save. $600 for an m1 is a pretty damn good deal.
    The CMP is very generous in their grading. I bought a Field Grade Greek Return not too long ago. The bore is outstanding for being 52 years old. I would not hesitate to buy a CMP rifle. Even my M1903 which was graded as having a "worn" bore is still very shiny and has sharp rifling.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Allegheny County)

From what I understand the bores on the Service grade rifles are very very good. Of course they are not new, but I have read on the cmp forum that guys were getting barrels (on service grades) that appeared to be hardly used at all.

(Lebanon County)

Well that's it. Tomorrow I'm giving Shyda's a call, and having them fax their FFL to CMP. Oh, boy I get to call up CMP after that to see it they got the fax, and then i'LL finally order an M1 Grand. It's just to bad I never looked into getting a C&R, because they take 3 - 8 weeks to get I herd.

(Allegheny County)

Will
    You had better go to www.odcmp.com first. Ordering from CMP is not like ordering from a gunshop. There is other paperwork that needs to be completed and included in a mailed in order. All information that you need is on the web site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast