Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default G23 and M&P9c problems @ the range.

Purchased an M&P9c 2 weeks ago (Merry Christmas to me!) and notice quite immediately the slide release dosen't *ahem* release the slide. Neither of the mags supplied with the gun nor with 17 round mags from a full size. I cleaned it and lubed it, still no luck. I put about 100+ rounds through it today (before my fingers almost froze off) and, still, no dice. S&W CS is sending me a prepaid shipping slip to send it back for repairs. Anyone had problems like this with this particular gun? I know the gun is new and very few rounds were shot, but I want this to be my primary carry piece and it needs to function 100%. Zero failures at the range and very accurate with all ammo. My full size M&P9 had no such problems.

To make things worse, my G23 has had 4 FTE's over the last 150 or so rounds. I thought I had isolated the problem to just one bad mag when all of the FTE's occurred, but today it happened with another mag. Both factory Glock mags. A G22 mag I purchased has been 100%. Any suggestions would be helpful!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

Default Re: G23 and M&P9c problems @ the range.

I had the same issue with my M&P9c. My son and I did a trigger job on it (a'la the Dan Burwell instructions) and re-shaped the release at the same time. Trigger is much, much better (smooth and practically zero stacking) and the slide releases now. The key is to take off just a little at a time and be careful not to change the angle too much so it doesn't release itself.