Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: PA finally getting act together for retired LEOs to conceal carry under LEOSA

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I agree that every citizen with a CCW/LTCF/CWP should be able to carry in all 50 states.
    Yes, that is what should happen, but..........most states that require some level of "training" in order to get a CCW/LTCF, etc......do not like states that do not require any type of training. And you will probably never see a 50 state LTCF until some type of basic or uniform requirement is in place.

Just like a driver's license. Yes, they are accepted in all 50 states, but you still have to pass some type of "test" in order to get that license. I know the whole right to carry vs driver's license thing, but I'm using that as an example.

As pathetic as it may be, even the lowest po-dunk police department has some type of standard that they must adhere to.

The retired LEO's still must pass their former police department (or the state they current reside in) firearms qualification course. In PA, non-LEO's don't have to pass anything.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: PA finally getting act together for retired LEOs to conceal carry under LEOSA

FYI: A friend of mine who is a NRA certified LE firearms instructor has been certified to perform the certification for retired LEO's here in Pa.

PM me if you need to get certified.
    I'm checking into getting my name added to the list as well.

(Allegheny County)

I agree that it shouldn't be needed.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpi View Post
    look at my avatar jcabin, no cop basher, just not in favor of special privilege. my family and life are no less important than any retired cop! besides, consider the generally low skill level of many cops............
    Well, not to be a douche, but I see a badge and don't know what it represents. It could mean anything. Are you insinuating that you're a LEO?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Well, not to be a douche, but I see a badge and don't know what it represents. It could mean anything. Are you insinuating that you're a LEO?
    Is that a military police badge... I think?

Ah, yes... I believe it is.

Last edited by HiredGoon; January 6th, 2010 at 11:17 PM.

(Allegheny County)

yes, it's an MP badge [Army] i was also in LE in the civilian world, as well as a PI for many years. my screen name stands for MP Investigator. mpi

not to insinuate, that is, but to state.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Butler County)

I agree that every citizen (deleted extraneous irrelevant stuff not in line with 2A) should be able to carry in all 50 states.
    Fixed it to be in line with the US Constitution for ya.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    As pathetic as it may be, even the lowest po-dunk police department has some type of standard that they must adhere to.
    Which is clearly why LEOSA has the following line,
    `(4) meets standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm;
    Some places must be too cool for standards.
    Last edited by mjf; January 7th, 2010 at 12:03 AM.

(Butler County)

LEOSA looks nice on paper.

In the end it is just the ruling club giving other members and favored former members of the club preferential treatment by not blocking their rights as they do everyone else.

Am I against it? Yes - Only because the government seems to only want the government and those who will act as agent thereof armed.

Governments greatest fear? A Well armed, well educated, freedom loving public. - Government and those who temporarily via permission and at the pleasure of the people hold positions within it, should be scared to touch any right of the people. If they aren't - We get the mess we are in today.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Which is clearly why LEOSA has the following line,

Some places must be too cool for standards.
    Can't speak for other states, but PA requires it officers to qualify at least once a year, so we have a standard.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast