Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default AMC-Loews tweaks policies

From post-gazette.com (Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010):

Patrons at AMC-Loews at the Waterfront will no longer be permitted to bring children under 6 years old into R-rated movies after 6 p.m.

In a statement announcing the policy, the chain said it's part of an effort "to provide guests attending evening R-rated features with a more adult ambience."

AMC, based in Kansas City, Mo., is also implementing a code of conduct to discourage moviegoers from loitering, being disruptive or engaging in dangerous behavior.

Patrons will be removed -- and not given refunds -- for fighting, using obscene or offensive language or gestures, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, possessing alcohol not purchased on AMC property or consuming it outside designated areas, carrying real or toy weapons, being inappropriately clad, wearing a mask or hood obscuring the face, or operating devices that emit distracting light or sound.

See www.AMCEntertainment.com/CodeOfConduct for details. AMC operates 304 theaters, with 4,574 screens, in five countries. (Vancheri)

Bold is mine.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: AMC-Loews tweaks policies

every buisness on the planet has a feel-good no weapons policy on the books somewhere. whatever. Thats fine, they arent government.

It is cook though that there wont be any crying kids in my R movies at night!

Quote Originally Posted by avizpls View Post
    every buisness on the planet has a feel-good no weapons policy on the books somewhere. whatever. Thats fine, they arent government.
    how do you figure? There are plenty of pro 2a businesses.

(Beaver County)

Literal language is such where every word is truthful, accurate, and free of exaggeration or embellishment. Figurative language is the opposite of literal.

Which do you suppose I might have been using?

Literal language is such where every word is truthful, accurate, and free of exaggeration or embellishment. Figurative language is the opposite of literal.

Now that we have 3rd grade English out of the way, may I ask what the need to exaggerate this would be? Things not quite anti enough in this country for ya?

(Beaver County)

yes, by commenting on the frequent, non-invasive nature of private businesses instituting non-enforceable no-gun policies, I am endorsing the anti-gun movement.

QFT

(Mercer County)

Figurative language is indeed wonderful, but in order to work properly, there needs to be at least some truth to the matter at hand.

In your case there simply isn't.

There is no need to be snotty about it when questioned, either. Newbies or lurkers may be confused about such a claim when not accompanied by a "sarcasm" tag.

Getting back to the subject at hand...Loews can make whatever policy they want. It just gives me yet another reason not to go to the movie theater.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Allegheny County)

Loews at the Water Front would be my last choice for a movie. Way to much riff-raff hanging in and around that place. It's a shame to. If I ever was to go, I'm a packin' for sure regardless!
    Toujours pręt

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Loews at the Water Front would be my last choice for a movie. Way to much riff-raff hanging in and around that place. It's a shame to. If I ever was to go, I'm a packin' for sure regardless!
    Agreed, we haven't gone there in some time.

But....We were planning on going last week because we got some gift cards for Christmas to the movie theater and PF Changs which are right next to each other...making for a convenient evening...so we were going to brave it but unfortunately the babysitter fell through.

I'm dying to see the Road...loved the book.

(Bucks County)

What kinda parent takes their 6 yr old to an R-rated movie ANY time of day? I'm still cautious of my 11 yr old watching PG-13 stuff...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast