Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Ammo Capacity Limit When Carrying?

I stopped by my former job today and ran into a kid I know who saw me OC'ing and was telling me how no one knows about it and its rare to see people do it these days. He told me he knew all of this because his father is a police officer. Then he went on to say that when your carrying you can only have 10 rounds in the gun. Is there any truth to this? I was stunned when he said that.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ammo Capacity Limit When Carrying?

Short answer - No...That kid is misinformed.

(Montgomery County)

This is completely FALSE.

When someone comes up with this kind of stuff ask them for a citation of law.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Allegheny County)

Not true in PA.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Not true in PA.
    What the others said...
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

the true capacity you can carry really depends on how much you can carry. If you want to have 100 lbs of full mags on you more (fire)power to you, besides questionable looks and a sore back there is nothing against it legally.

(Berks County)

This is misinformation left over from the Pelosi/Biden/Clinton Assault Weapon Ban (Scary Black Guns) during which of course "Brand New" non-grandfathered magazines sold to we simple folk were limited to 10 rounds. LEOs could still buy HiCap magazines, now we all can (for now).

In reality these days, it is only dangerous to use magazines that are so long that when you turn a corner you knock over small children who happen to be walking behind you.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by twoeggsup View Post
    This is misinformation left over from the Pelosi/Biden/Clinton Assault Weapon Ban (Scary Black Guns) during which of course "Brand New" non-grandfathered magazines sold to we simple folk were limited to 10 rounds. LEOs could still buy HiCap magazines, now we all can (for now)..
    And I don't know why.. I mean, firearms crimes have gone through the roof since we're allowed more than 10 rounds in a mag!! I couldn't even tell you how many people I've killed since I'm allowed to have more than 10 rounds in!!!

/sarcasm

III%

(Bucks County)

In 91 my wife and I went to a Wings lacrosse game in Philly. I was carrying a Taurus 92 9mm. I had to check the weapon at the security office. They had me clear it, put it in a 'satey deposit' type box w/ two keys. I kept one and they kept one. When the game was over, I went to retrieve the gun. There was a different officer there( Philly PD) and as soon as he saw the magazine he asked "hom many rounds in that thing?" I told him 15. He had me put the gun on the table and ordered me to turn around. I didn't at all like where this was headed, so I asked him what the issue was. He claimed Philly has an ordinance limiting capacity to 6 rounds. He advised me he was arresting me. He cuffed me while I tried to talk him into calling his supervisor. He finally did listen and called and the supervisor came and listened and told the youngster, "Take the cuffs off of him before he destroys both of our careers". We had a calm discussion afterwards and the young cop was able to gain a little education. If he hadn't been as polite as he was, I would have really been pissed. He seemed like a young guy who was going on something he believed. Some would argue that he should have been made an example of, but I think mistakes are made by all. It is how we move to correct them that makes all the difference. Like I said, if he had been in the least little bit a smartass, I would still be making trouble for him.
    It just goes to show how many ill-informed folks are out there. It is incumbent on us to , first, know the law and our rights, and second, to pass that knowledge on. This forum is an excellent way of doing that.

(Schuylkill County)

And also, you have to realize, not every LEO knows EVERYTHING there is to know. Many people believe they do, or should... but that is most times, not the case. Like Axi said, not all are trying to be pricks... Even though in reality, they kindof are. But they are going but what they believe is correct... best thing to do is educate them if possible, rather than destroy them. The more "well-informed" LEO's out there, the better...
    III%

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast