Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Whitehall Giant Plaza

Today I was standing in line at the Giant on macarthur street getting ready to pay for my groceries and the young guy behind the counters eyes are fixed on my XD 45gap in 5 inch on my waste ban me being someone who openly carries all the time and everywhere i go. well after i unload 198$ worth of food and drinks out and then back into the cart he finally pops the question.

"Is that a real gun?"
    -myself calmy "yea"
    a pause for about 30 seconds and then...
    "Do you carry it with you everywhere?"
    agian. myself replying "yea"
    nothing more.. nothing less

it was just very strange as if it boggled his mind to know that you can actually do this without people flipping out is what i think grasped his attention as oppose to the sight of the gun it just set the fuse. im sure all he could think of was something either from a movie or paintball. none of which i would have been happy with someone thinking of when another walks or stands beside and notices one's firearm. In other words he didn't seem scared but more or less shocked as if being the first time to ever see a firearm. im surprised he could scan all the food and whatnot properly, his eyes were glued that much. anyways it was just funny

(Pike County)

Default Re: Whitehall Giant Plaza

to me its kinda strange how many people in this great state dont realise the laws about firearms,,how simple it is too go to your nearest courthouse and get an application sign it and wait a few weeks if not days ,or that one can go into any gunshop and purchase a handgun with your state ID if you have a good clean record

(Allegheny County)

Would have been the perfect time to hand out a Gun Rights Flier.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Would have been the perfect time to hand out a Gun Rights Flier.

Indeed would of been the prefect situation for some eduaction on 2a rights

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by vic2367 View Post
    to me its kinda strange how many people in this great state dont realise the laws about firearms,,how simple it is too go to your nearest courthouse and get an application sign it and wait a few weeks if not days ,or that one can go into any gunshop and purchase a handgun with your state ID if you have a good clean record
    I think what we "gun types" forget is that the non-gun public doesn't care to any great extent. They are ignorant of the law and being ignorant is not a bad thing, it's just how it is. Carrying a gun openly in public is something the vast majority of people assume stopped at the turn of the 20th Century, and for the most part, they are correct as it relates to Pennsylvania.

I have lived in PA since 1981 and have been carrying a gun daily for almost as long. I have never witnessed OC and I am presumably more likely to spot someone with a gun than a non gun person just out of situational awareness combined with being an "enthusiastic firearms enthusiast".

Sometimes I think we expect to much from the general public.

(Pike County)

correct rkrcpa

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    Sometimes I think we expect to much from the general public.
    Truer words have never been spoken...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    They are ignorant of the law and being ignorant is not a bad thing, it's just how it is.
    I'm gunna have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Being ignorant of the law is a very bad thing and can get good people in trouble even when no law is being broken.

(Lehigh County)

Trust me gentleman if I had any fliers i would have happily handed them out but im am currently lacking a printer.. so.. i dunno. i would have descussed more with him but me being in a rush, the store was packed, and i didn't want the attention really standing in a grocery store in line of all things the public is odd enough about see a MWAG let alone a youung gentleman as myself whos 23 and has some tattoos long hair and whatnot.. so i can only imagine what COULD have happen had someone gottent the wrong idea whilst we were conversating. im just saying i was in a hurry but i hope u all understand.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbys1up View Post
    Trust me gentleman if I had any fliers i would have happily handed them out but im am currently lacking a printer.. so.. i dunno. i would have descussed more with him but me being in a rush, the store was packed, and i didn't want the attention really standing in a grocery store in line of all things the public is odd enough about see a MWAG let alone a youung gentleman as myself whos 23 and has some tattoos long hair and whatnot.. so i can only imagine what COULD have happen had someone gottent the wrong idea whilst we were conversating. im just saying i was in a hurry but i hope u all understand.
    I don't care if you were the second coming of Christ himself, you don't hold up the line in the Giant chatting with a cashier.