Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default PT Nightsights Experience/Feedback?

I hate to do this, but my original post is not garnering any response - I originally debated placing the post in th Pistols Forum rather than the Optics Forum.

Please Provide feedback on MMC PT Nightsights in this original thread (linked below) if you have any experience with them.

http://forum.pafoa.org/optics-46/841...ghtsights.html
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: PT Nightsights Experience/Feedback?

I have no experience with MMC and their night sights. I do have extensive experiences with Trijicon, Meprolight and XS and can attest that they are all great choices.

Most producers of tritium night sights buy their tritium vials from Trijicon. There is no big price difference if you shop around for the more established brands.

Just read your post in the other section. Give it a short while and sights will show up for the PT 111.
    Last edited by Steve_NEPhila; January 4th, 2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: ahhh
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    I hate to do this, but my original post is not garnering any response - I originally debated placing the post in th Pistols Forum rather than the Optics Forum.

Please Provide feedback on MMC PT Nightsights in this original thread (linked below) if you have any experience with them.

http://forum.pafoa.org/optics-46/841...ghtsights.html
    I don't personally have experience with them, however I can tell you what I've heard from a very reliable source.

A friend of mine was an Army Ranger, a Park Ranger, is a gun dealer (regular and class 3) and a gun builder (regular and NFA), as well as dealing with various Law Enforcement agencies and has said that the MMC PT Night sights are among his favorite out of all those available.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    ...Trijicon, Meprolight and XS and can attest that they are all great choices.

Most producers of tritium night sights buy their tritium vials from Trijicon. There is no big price difference if you shop around for the more established brands.

Just read your post in the other section. Give it a short while and sights will show up for the PT 111.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    I don't personally have experience with them, however I can tell you what I've heard from a very reliable source.

A friend of mine was an Army Ranger, a Park Ranger, is a gun dealer (regular and class 3) and a gun builder (regular and NFA), as well as dealing with various Law Enforcement agencies and has said that the MMC PT Night sights are among his favorite out of all those available.
    Steve - MMC PT has night sights available already for the PT Millenium Pro Series.

Thanks Chemical.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Monroe County)

Its true what steve said, when i bought my night sights for my FNp 40 from Cheaper than dirt they were advertised at 69$ made by mepro , but when i installed them they sure did say TRijicon made in 07.

MMC (Miniature machine corporation) out of Texas is a pioneer in the sight making business, their machining work is top shelf, i dont believe they would sell junk.

I have a set of MMC/PT. They are high quality but they are not as bright as trijicons, xs big dots, or true dot night sights. I have all the ones listed and they are all within a year of each other.

If they were the only brand that made sights for my gun, then I would not hesitate to buy them.