Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Question PA & NY 2nd Amendment lawyers needed

I need to borrow some brains for some big projects. Who are some good 2nd Amendment legal minds in PA? Especially useful are those who have dealt in NYS-PA interstate issues. Must hate gun control laws and anti gun politics and have an endless appetite for wanting to obliterate them. Please contact me via PM and/or email if you are or know someone who is. And please discuss here, too. Say for example if you wanted to sue to eliminate a bad law, who would you hire?
    Last edited by Yellowfin; January 3rd, 2010 at 06:07 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: PA & NY 2nd Amendment lawyers needed

Anyone? Anyone at all? There can't be a total lack of pro gun lawyers that work at the federal appellate level, can there? Don't tell me the only ones are in California.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; January 4th, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Schuylkill County)

I was actually just wondering today for suggestions in case an incident would happen... haven't searched the forum yet, but I'm going now... if there isn't already something, I actually think it wouldn't be a bad idea to post some good lawyers people have dealt with on here, in case any one of us would get into a legal jam... JMO though.
    III%

(Lancaster County)

This is mostly for offense but defense is good and necessary too, I agree.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    This is mostly for offense but defense is good and necessary too, I agree.
    Yea, I got ya... but it was just funny.. I had just thought about it and came across your thread and it got me thinking again..
    III%

you could check in on the arfcom NY hometown forum, I know there are a couple of attorneys floating around there.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    you could check in on the arfcom NY hometown forum, I know there are a couple of attorneys floating around there.
    I did, and they don't appear friendly thus far. It's a sort of Stockholm Syndrome there.

I did, and they don't appear friendly thus far. It's a sort of Stockholm Syndrome there.
    I like to think we are friendly enough, though I just fought it out with someone on the Long Island Firearms forum as they were arguing that RAS based on simple possession of a firearm, and subsequent disarming and temporary confiscation were okie dokie for officer safety. In other words, I know what you mean.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lancaster County)

Who are some good 2nd Amendment legal minds in PA? Especially useful are those who have dealt in NYS-PA interstate issues. Must hate gun control laws and anti gun politics and have an endless appetite for wanting to obliterate them. Please contact me via PM and/or email if you are or know someone who is. And please discuss here, too. Say for example if you wanted to sue to eliminate a bad law, who would you hire?
    See also http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/60940-lawyer.html

REsPect