Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 4

(Lackawanna County)

Default Glock Gen 4

Has anyone been following the new gen 4 glocks? I guess they are suppose to debut at the shot show soon.

I don't like the new upgrades

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...gen4-unveiled/

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Glock Gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    gag

Ill stick with my 3rd gen thank you very much
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    ...Why not?

I know, the last thing I want is a gun that I can customize to perfectly fit my hand.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I know, the last thing I want is a gun that I can customize to perfectly fit my hand.
    One of the things I so enjoy about my glock is its simplicity.
    I see so many people complain about how ugly they are. I see them as very attractive guns. They aren busy, like XDs and Beretta 92fs are. A few simple things like the slide lock and mag release, but they are smooth and sleek with very few bells and whistles that can fuck up.

I really dislike that backstrap idea. A tool you can lose, and more that can go wrong. Lose the pins, or they fall out. Perhaps its dropped and takes the brunt on the backstrap...

I love the grip on the one I got. I think the new frame looks silly. I will try it out when I see one, I have heard that it sticks to your hand better, and works well with gloves, but have no personal experience yet.

I thought I saw pictures of the new glock with V shaped grooves on the slide? Did they not follow through with this? I dont really know what benefit they claim from the dual spring, thats what mine already has, but I have seen the single flat one on my brothers g17, but dont know the difference.

I dont claim to be any kind of weapons expert or gunsmith, but I am quite happy with my glock, and dont see any of these changes as necessary or improvements. Are they just going for a "fresh look" to spark more interest??
    Last edited by YllwFvr; January 3rd, 2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: ETA: The fact that you can swap sides on the mag release is a genuinely good idea :)
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Bucks County)

I'm interested in one and while they're supposed to debut at SHOT show, I've read on other forums where some large Glock retailers are already selling select models.

I like the dimensions of the G19 and can hopefully get a better fit with the smaller frame and interchangeable backstraps. If still not a good fit, I'll think about a GEN3 and get a grip reduction but I'm waiting for this first...

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    One of the things I so enjoy about my glock is its simplicity.
    I see so many people complain about how ugly they are. I see them as very attractive guns. They aren busy, like XDs and Beretta 92fs are. A few simple things like the slide lock and mag release, but they are smooth and sleek with very few bells and whistles that can fuck up.

I dont claim to be any kind of weapons expert or gunsmith, but I am quite happy with my glock, and dont see any of these changes as necessary or improvements. Are they just going for a "fresh look" to spark more interest??
    What he said. Love my Glock Gen 3. Only improvement I need is to my ammo stockpile.

I love my G17 but since I have hands like a little girl I have trouble dropping the mag sometimes. I even installed the extended mag release. I don't like the XD so i think this is perfect. I would have grinded down the grip to fit me but then I can't shoot SSP class in IDPA. I like the grip idea but I don't like the idea of them messing with the recoil spring. Better ergonomics is good, but when you start "improving" how the gun functions I think it's a bad idea.

I'm not worried about the extra pins and the grip breaking. Same material as the frame and the pins existing pins don't ever fall out why should these?
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Westmoreland County)

I just got the Glock 2010 buyer's guide. It highlights the RTF2 (rough texture frame).

None of the new generation 4 Glocks show the V shaped grooves on the slide.

The surface design is different too. The surface is covered in new "cubids" which is less aggressive than the spikey "polymids" that they were to use.

The new dual recoil spring assembly system with larger end cap is supposed to "greatly increase the life cycle of the component, reducing wear, increasing functionality over time."

They also put in a reversible magazine catch, so users won't have to deal with an ambidextrous catch, as the new one can be switched back and forth.

I'm reserving judgement until I can shoot one, because the new multiple backstrap system looks like it could bite your hand in several areas.

(York County)

I would like to see what else they "improved" on this generation that added $200 to the price tag. Maybe I missed it skimming through the article, but $200 for custom back straps.....I'll pass.

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast