Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Gander Mountain Lycoming Mall

Quote Originally Posted by DesertEagle View Post
    Gander has a price match policy? How does that work? They are at least 100 bucks more then any other place in the area for a comparable gun. Example being the S&W 15-22. They wanted 499 plus tax. I got it out the door for 400 at a local dealer.
    From their website:

Retail Store purchase only:
    If you should find a lower price on an identical in stock item within 14 days at a local competitor, let us know and we will match that price! The competitor must be within a one-hour drive from your Gander Mountain store. This offer excludes rebates, financing offers, misprints, discontinued, clearance, or closeout prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Stop by the Customer Service counter for complete details.
    For guns they drop their 1 year gunsmith warranty but I didn't care. I'd have loved to buy it from a local shop (Troxell's had it in stock) but was given a $200 gift certificate to Gander.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
    From their website:

For guns they drop their 1 year gunsmith warranty but I didn't care. I'd have loved to buy it from a local shop (Troxell's had it in stock) but was given a $200 gift certificate to Gander.
    Thanks for the info. Didn't know they priced matched. But since I don't have any gift certificates from them I'd probably just fork the money over to Dave and Cathy anyway.

Hokkmike Guest

Gander has a price match policy? How does that work? They are at least 100 bucks more then any other place in the area for a comparable gun. Example being the S&W 15-22. They wanted 499 plus tax. I got it out the door for 400 at a local dealer.
    They will price match a gun you want if it is available for the lower price and IN STOCK at a guns store with in a certain radius. I don't remember the number but it was big enough to include several gun stores in the Williamsport area. They were willing to sell me a Walthers PPS .40 for $640 out the door instead of their advertised $700 before tax. If you price match you DO NOT get benefits of their Gun Club. They would make the call to the gun shop you gave them to verify the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    They will price match a gun you want if it is available for the lower price and IN STOCK at a guns store with in a certain radius. I don't remember the number but it was big enough to include several gun stores in the Williamsport area. They were willing to sell me a Walthers PPS .40 for $640 out the door instead of their advertised $700 before tax. If you price match you DO NOT get benefits of their Gun Club. They would make the call to the gun shop you gave them to verify the price.
    It's funny... they didn't bother calling Troxell. Guess they knew what they should be charging

(Lycoming County)

What did you buy?
    S&W 15/22. Haven't shot it yet. With all the rain my range is more like a swamp.

S&W 15/22. Haven't shot it yet. With all the rain my range is more like a swamp.
    Nice! I have a place outside Elimsport I shoot and I like heading "home" and shooting at Little Pine. It was pretty wet there a couple weeks ago.

(Allegheny County)

FYI - the GMtn and Dunham's stores in the Pittsburgh area price match too, and I think the Pittsburgh area Dick's will as well.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Lycoming County)

From their website:

yeah other than the $200 I dont even bother with anything there(GM) they are such a rip off Walther PSP Gander $650+ Wather PSP Troxxels $585...Taurus PT145 Gander $399 Troxxels $349...Gander except on .22 prices and used guns is HORRIBLE lol..im glad you got them price matched though..they act as if they are gonna have to close their doors and go out of business when they price match. ive never seen more crying . Troxxels is where I got my Ruger SR9 Compact last Monday $403 .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12