Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Allegheny Country Rifle Club???

I went there to visit once, felt pretty cold to me, mind you I was a perfect stranger. They where willing to take me once they found out I work in alarms... I was in AP back then, it might have been the closest, but not the best. From Ambridge there are 5 very local. within 30 min each. If you need to, I can show them to you one day, not that i am a member to any but one, but I know where they are.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

any club that doesn't allow holster practice is a waste of time.

mpi

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    a good while back they had 2 incidents involving holsters less than a month apart, after that they said no to holsters anymore.. you can have full mags though, but the holster thing always kinda ticked me off too, then i heard why and couldnt really blame them...
    This is the problem we confront with the regulation of firearms at all levels, from federal down to our own gun clubs. Should we restrict the conduct (or rights) of everyone because of the [criminal/incompetent/negligent] acts of a few?

This is a GUN club. If there are people who are not competent to handle guns safely, restrict THOSE people (until they are trained and responsible). Infantalizing me because someone else had an ND is exactly what "gun control" advocates are trying to do . . . and for the same professed "public safety" concerns.

No, thank you. I decline their benevolent protection. I will not stand around and be told I am not sufficiently responsible to carry my weapon in a holster (which is, by the way, the manner in which one is REQUIRED to transport a hand gun at every professionally run school I know of).

So the good folks there can use the rifle range to launch arrows at plastic deer, secure in the knowledge they are safe from people handling guns. I'm off someplace with the shooters.
    Last edited by PeteG; August 31st, 2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: I wanted to.

(Allegheny County)

Was it always called Allegheny County Rifle Club?
    I used to deliver beer there for a wholesale co.
    Went to a couple of parties there too.
    Was supposed to join but wound up moving to SC and lost touch with the people I knew there.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Allegheny County)

I was a member there for a number of years.

I now belong to Rosedale, they allow full auto, have an extended rifle range and no "House Mothers"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy17 View Post
    I was a member there for a number of years.

I now belong to Rosedale, they allow full auto, have an extended rifle range and no "House Mothers"
    Can you give me any info on Rosedale? I tried a search and came up empty. With wexford closed till end of Nov. I am really looking for a place to shoot.

(Allegheny County)

www.rosedalesportsmen.org

It's close to rt. 910 & rt. 28/Freeport road.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
    Can you give me any info on Rosedale? I tried a search and came up empty. With wexford closed till end of Nov. I am really looking for a place to shoot.
    http://www.rosedalesportsmen.org/RDf/index.asp

I'm a member there as well. It's near Harmarville.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    http://www.rosedalesportsmen.org/RDf/index.asp

I'm a member there as well. It's near Harmarville.
    Since you are a member of Rosedale, (and I'm looking around to find an indoor range to practice with my 3 year old 38 S&W), could you tell me what this means? I see it posted on the website:

"Notice: Thanks to hard work of a few of our members the indoor range has been completely renovated, cleaned and painted. The indoor range is now open for your use. For information on how to obtain access and pay the $15 charge for a key to the range, please contact:..."

Does this mean the cost to shoot at the indoor range is $15? (I'm new to the clubs since I have just been using the State ranges. I liked the Allegheny Country Rifle Club but don't know anyone there right now to sponsor me. I didn't know at the time about the holster issues).

Also, Could you be a bit more specific on where the Rosedale club is since their website is 'very' non-descriptive? Any other information too (again, there is hardly anything on the web-site unless I missed a well-hidden link)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnWinter View Post
    Since you are a member of Rosedale, (and I'm looking around to find an indoor range to practice with my 3 year old 38 S&W), could you tell me what this means? I see it posted on the website:

"Notice: Thanks to hard work of a few of our members the indoor range has been completely renovated, cleaned and painted. The indoor range is now open for your use. For information on how to obtain access and pay the $15 charge for a key to the range, please contact:..."

Does this mean the cost to shoot at the indoor range is $15? (I'm new to the clubs since I have just been using the State ranges. I liked the Allegheny Country Rifle Club but don't know anyone there right now to sponsor me. I didn't know at the time about the holster issues).

Also, Could you be a bit more specific on where the Rosedale club is since their website is 'very' non-descriptive? Any other information too (again, there is hardly anything on the web-site unless I missed a well-hidden link)
    It just means you have to take a quick "training" so you know where all the switches are for the fan and lights, etc. and then there is a one-time fee for your key to get in. It's not $15 per session. There is no charge to use any of the ranges.

If you get off of Rt. 28 at Harmarville and make a left on 910, you will go up a big hill. At the top you turn right and go down past where the big indoor soccer facility is. Then you make a right and go maybe 1/2 mile and turn left back a lane. It is located back there in a valley.

You can PM me and I can give you my phone number and show you around the place if you would like, I work about a mile away from it and live very close as well.

And yes, the web site leaves more than a little to be desired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast