Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: lets see those ak's

man I love that rifle,better than a PSL or a Romak,I don't care I love it and I have to get one as soon as I can,is got to be real accurate eh?,how about it? do you shoot it yet?,can you give some info on your range adventure with it?,Im in love with that saiga...
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

(Berks County)

Default Re: lets see those ak's

Quote Originally Posted by glockguy68 View Post
    man I love that rifle,better than a PSL or a Romak,I don't care I love it and I have to get one as soon as I can,is got to be real accurate eh?,how about it? do you shoot it yet?,can you give some info on your range adventure with it?,Im in love with that saiga...
    I picked it up for $500. I'd given up trying to find a PSL, saw that, and took it on the spot. I have absolutely no regrets, the rifle is dead accurate, much more so than a friend's PSL. Normally I'm not a fan of thumbhole stocks, but this one is incredibly comfortable, and it is BEAUTIFUL. The picture doesn't do it justice. I put a low-rise mount with a Bushnell scope on it recently, moved the 8x Dragunov scope to the shorter Saiga .308 (for now, I'm constantly trying new arragements). I'm hoping to take it to the range with the new scope on it sometime this week.

If you're looking for the Version 21, I'd grab one ASAP. They started importing them in the fall, and from what I was told, they're not bringing in any more. A friend of mine was looking for one, he finally gave up after contacting a bunch of distributors.

Here's another pic for ya!

Last edited by crlovel; June 16th, 2008 at 10:23 AM.

(Pike County)

just some pics I found of recent seize weapons in the sandbox there are some AK's and really,a lot from the cold war,some fine ones and couple were under the dirt but check the handguards of the silver Ak pistols,looks like layers of poly with crossbolts,cool....
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

(Allegheny County)

All black bulgy style. Just picked it up a couple days ago. Its a Romanian. But came as you see it, new.

Front sight was a hair left. Fixed that today. Toys for are already in the mail.

(Blair County)

my AMD 65

(Allegheny County)

Alot changes in a week... lol!

Things unseen, more promags, blackjack buffer.
    Things seen, BSA reticle sight, TDI front hanguards with rails, TDI folding grip, JTAC47 muzzle brake.

The original front guards were squishy almost. And thin. These are rigid, and required almost pounding to get them on. May end up with an ultimak rail. Thing puts the sight up pretty high.

Brake works. Recoil pad works. Volume went up about 10-20%. Nomally it took 2-3 shots to make my ears just start to ring. It now takes one. But are not ringing after 5 minutes. So its not super loud, but my ears are sensitive. (I put my plugs in after the first shot.)

Front grip is hella handy, and more for the woman than me. I like it folded back. Makes a lower grab point. Almost like you're grabbing the mag, but without grabbing the mag.

I think I'm done aside from a sling. Possibly a side folder... but that's up to the lady.

(Allegheny County)

looks good man glad the FVG folds cause theres no way you would get a mag change in with it that far back lol

(Allegheny County)

No you actually can. I wouldn't call it tactical... but there is just enough room to sneak it in without really fumbling with it. There is a small amount of give to the grip. Its locked solid in any position (forward, straight, back) but has a little wiggle to it even when locked. Hard to describe how something wiggly can feel "solid". But with weight or pressure (such as in you holding it it feels solid) but figiting a mag past it it has some give.

If that makes more sense.

I just "changed mags" 30 times with the grip down just to be sure of what I posted. You can, and with a little practice you can do it quickly. Can't do it while staying in on a target tho. (Atleast I can't)

(Allegheny County)

ya thats how mine is tight but doable just yours looked further back then mine

(Chester County)

Question to all you AK people. First let me say soon I will joining your ranks, if all goes as Planned I will be getting a Yugo Under folder. My question is can I turn that under folder into a fixed stock?? If so who sells/makes the very best Ak wood furniture??

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast