Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Forster Co-Ax Press

Good Morning,

After doing a lot of research on single stage reloading presses, I've decided to purchase the Forster Co-Ax Press. The only problem is that I can't find them available at any of my regular suppliers. Does anyone know where I can purchase one without having to pay a premium price (over $240)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance, Ken

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Forster Co-Ax Press

I did a search and came up with zilch.

This is a little off-topic, but what made you decide the Forster was the one? The reason I ask is are you deadset on a single stage press? Have you considered a turret where you do not have to change dies with each step? The Redding T-7 looks to be an excellent choice. I have not used it, but it is on my list to replace my lyman turret press once I have an extra $250. I cannot say enough good things about Redding, so I assume their press is no exception. I have played with one (just never loaded on it) and it is rock solid.

Just a suggestion. I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting the forster (an excellent press from what I've heard). Just wanted to toss out some food for thought... and I bumped your thread in the process.

Hey Max,

I thought about a turrett press, and if I was buying one the Redding would be high on my list, but I won't have a large enough volume of reloads to need one.

I'm getting into long range shooting, and want to crank out the most accurate loads possible, and figured that the single stage press was the way to go. I know that accurate loads are dependent on a lot more variables other that a press. But by buying the Forster, I figure that will be one less thing to be concerned about.

Thanks, Ken

(Lebanon County)

I currently have a Dillon 550 that I do all of my loading on, a Lee that I do all of my swaging on, and I am seriously debating about scoring this press for my becnhrest rifle loads. That way I can keep the Dillon setup for my pistols and use this one for my rifles. The best part about that would be if I am want to mass load ammo for my rifle for general shooting (AR-15, Cetme, FALs) I can still use the Dillon to run serious amounts of ammo.

If I go with another press, this is currently #1 on my list as has been for sometime. Let us know how you like it after you get it.