Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default Why doesn't Glock?

Make a .22 cal. pistol? Not a conversion. A genuine .22 cal. semi. I think it would be a good seller.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why doesn't Glock?

Found this a few months back. No idea if it's any good, but its as close as your going to get for now to a 22lr glock other than a conversion kit.

(Monroe County)

I think Glock is geared towards self-defense and law enforcement.
    I think they MAY make a single .380acp model, but I'm not sure if it's even in production anymore.

I don't think a .22lr fits their MO in my opinion. Why bother getting into sub-effective calibers?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Montgomery County)

Import "points" restrictions due to the GCA of 68... the reason the 380 isn't imported also...

weight, size, caliber, sights, thumbrest, etc etc...all have restrictions for imported guns.

this is a "protection scheme" to keep american manufacturers safer from "cheap foreign guns" as they said back in 1968.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Westmoreland County)

I would buy a Glock .22lr, but jcabin is correct, it's not their MO.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    I would buy a Glock .22lr, but jcabin is correct, it's not their MO.

Not their MO? Selling as many guns as possible?
    Looking again, I do see Glock 25 and 28 in .380 that I don't think you can get them in this country. I don't see that they make a .22 in any form? JayBell is right. Glock is banned from bringing certain guns into this country on a point system. If pressed, I could go look it up in one of my Glock books for the specific quotes.
    On the other hand, you can get .22 conversions FOR the Glock but those might be made in America. Either way, Glock didn't sell them.
    Last edited by smitty56; December 31st, 2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Correcting myself

(Monroe County)

Actually Glock started out making kitchen utensils untill they got a contact to make shovels for the Austrian Army, They make shovels by the way, at the same time the Austrian Army were about to equip thier military with a new Handgun, and the rest is history as they say, Yes , so the Glock Pistol design is a military weapon, has nothing to do with personal self defense carry , target shooting or little old ladies at NRA classes at ten o'clock on a saturday morning, its plain and simple a military weapon, cant you just look at it and tell?

Glock still makes the .380 acp, its sold in countries where "civilians" are not allowed to have military cartidges, the BATF wont give them permission to bring it here because it has "No sporting purposes" as per GCA 1968 , thank you president Johnson .

A .22 cal Glock is a neat idea ansd i personally would buy one if they are available here.

Yes and the Glock shovels are darned nice Shovels, back in the day Places like Tapco, Shomer-Tec, and Federal arms used to sell them , i miss those days.
    Last edited by mrnyman; January 1st, 2010 at 12:59 AM.