Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default West Deer Township Sportsmen's Club

I'm interested in joining this club. I recall talking to a forum member who is a member there at a group shoot about 2 years ago, but cannot remember who it was.

Anyhow, I've heard it's a nice club, and it's very close to me. I've tried calling their phone number a number of times over the last few weeks and haven't gotten an answer.

Can anyone help me with any info on membership? Do I need the recommendation of another member to join? I saw on the web elsewhere that they have a member meeting the 3rd Wednesday of every month, can I just show up then?

Thanks!
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: West Deer Township Sportsmen's Club

When I joined my local club I just showed up at the meeting. Filled out the application and paid my dues. Can't hurt to show up, most clubs seem to be difficult to reach outside of their scheduled meetings

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I'm interested in joining this club. I recall talking to a forum member who is a member there at a group shoot about 2 years ago, but cannot remember who it was.

Anyhow, I've heard it's a nice club, and it's very close to me. I've tried calling their phone number a number of times over the last few weeks and haven't gotten an answer.

Can anyone help me with any info on membership? Do I need the recommendation of another member to join? I saw on the web elsewhere that they have a member meeting the 3rd Wednesday of every month, can I just show up then?

Thanks!
    Justin

West Deer Township Sportsmen's Club is one of the many active clubs in the Allegheny County Sportsmen's League (ACSL)

Information is from ACSL web site along with lots of other gun clubs in and around Allegheny County. Look at legislative section on there as well LOTS of INFORMATION.

http://acslpa.org/

WEST DEER TOWNSHIP SPORTSMEN'S CLUB, INC.

Box 135, Curtisville, PA 15032

Club Phone: 724-265-5190

PRESIDENT:
    Joseph R. Laus

ACSL Delegate:
    David S. Bagaley
    Phone: 724-443-0764
    email: dbagaley@acslpa.org

MEETINGS: 3rd Wednesday of each month -club grounds

Club location and activities: McKrell Rd., West Deer Twp. Rifle, pistol and archery ranges.

Membership is open.
    If you need more info or help contact the ACSL Delegate, I know him, Nice guy BTW. Sometimes Dave can be a little hard to get a hold of because he is away on business or a trip. Still He will get back to you and be able to help join the club.

Or you can just show up at club meeting.

Good luck

I realize this is an old thread but am trying to reach the West Deer Sportsmen's Club. The contact information here and on ACSL appears out of date (or at least my mail fails).

Anyone have contact information or an update on this club?

Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

And this is a late reply from a new member.

Just show up and go about your business until the manager shows. He will show up trying to nonchalantly see if you have a membership hat tag. I don't suggest you start shooting until he sets you up but if he's not there for a long time call Shooters bench in russelton to ask if the west deer sportsmens guy is there. He hangs out there. His name escapes me.

Introduce yourself and tell him you wish to join, you tried to call and we're told to just show up in a forum.

Bring cash.

He will sign you up. First time there is a nominal fee and the annual is also low.

Be aware he can be a bit gruff but he is actually really nice and easy to work with.

But that is likely the only way you will get to a person there.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kahr50 View Post
    I don't suggest you start shooting until he sets you up but if he's not there for a long time call Shooters bench in russelton to ask if the west deer sportsmens guy is there. He hangs out there. His name escapes me.

Introduce yourself and tell him you wish to join, you tried to call and we're told to just show up in a forum.

Bring cash.

He will sign you up. First time there is a nominal fee and the annual is also low.
    Joe Spanik.

Be aware he can be a bit gruff but he is actually really nice and easy to work with.
    He is a nice guy but he doesn't tolerate violating club rules. If you abide by the club rules, you won't have any problems with him.

(Allegheny County)

hey guys,

I know this is a very old thread. But just wanted to add my 2 pence. Visited this club for the first time today, out of the many other options available (Allegheny State Game Lands off of Mingo road is closed for reconstruction until mid - late August, plus the long drive out there sucks) and met with Joe personally, who I must say is a very nice bloke; his welcoming personality was enough for me to join. If you live in the surrounding area, definitely have a go at this place. But note, he doesn't accept Credit Cards only cheque or cash: $75 to join with an additional $10 for your spouse; $30 yearly dues after that, as of date of this post. Also, he is NOT affiliated with ACSLPA. He'll provide you further details: tel: 724-265-5190. But there you have it. I know I have no rep power but I hope this provides useful information for whoever is seeking it.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Amarielias; May 25th, 2016 at 02:39 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Amarielias View Post
    hey guys,

I know this is a very old thread. But just wanted to add my 2 pence. Visited this club for the first time today, out of the many other options available (Allegheny State Game Lands off of Mingo road is closed for reconstruction until mid - late August, plus the long drive out there sucks) and met with Joe personally, who I must say is a very nice bloke; his welcoming personality was enough for me to join. If you live in the surrounding area, definitely have a go at this place. But note, he doesn't accept Credit Cards only cheque or cash: $75 to join with an additional $10 for your spouse; $30 yearly dues after that, as of date of this post. Also, he is NOT affiliated with ACSLPA. He'll provide you further details: tel: 724-265-5190. But there you have it. I know I have no rep power but I hope this provides useful information for whoever is seeking it.
    Cheers!
    Thsnks for the info. Do you happen to know what time the monthly meeting are? Someone had stated they are the 3rd Wed of the month but didn't state a time. I've tried calling 724-265-5190 but the phone just rings with no voicemail. Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkScott100 View Post
    Thsnks for the info. Do you happen to know what time the monthly meeting are? Someone had stated they are the 3rd Wed of the month but didn't state a time. I've tried calling 724-265-5190 but the phone just rings with no voicemail. Thanks
    Hey everyone,

I know this thread is a bit dated but looks like there is some new life in it.

Just want to start by saying that Joe is a great guy and I really enjoy this range.

I've been trying to find Joe for a while now to renew my membership with no luck. I've been there the 3rd, and 4th Wednesday of March from about 17:30-18:30 and haven't seen him yet. Going to try again today, first Wednesday of April.

If anyone on here knows when the meetings are, or the best times to catch Joe at the range, that would be very helpful!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by sh00k View Post
    Hey everyone,

I know this thread is a bit dated but looks like there is some new life in it.

Just want to start by saying that Joe is a great guy and I really enjoy this range.

I've been trying to find Joe for a while now to renew my membership with no luck. I've been there the 3rd, and 4th Wednesday of March from about 17:30-18:30 and haven't seen him yet. Going to try again today, first Wednesday of April.

If anyone on here knows when the meetings are, or the best times to catch Joe at the range, that would be very helpful!
    Hey,
    MarkScott100 and sh00k
    I'm unsure as to what the issue is in reaching him for I myself haven't been there for awhile. but from what I've gathered he goes to the shooters bench every single morning and hangs there for a bit. Perhaps, you both can stop in there one morning and you might run into him or talk to one of the folks who works there. That's about the only thing I can recommend other than to keep calling.

Good luck, mates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast