Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default How long did it take to get your ccw in philly?

I applied for CCW in Philly back in May and its August now. Its now pushing 10 weeks? Has anyone else had it take this long or more? Just trying to see whats going on here or if its typical.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: How long did it take to get your ccw in philly?

Quote Originally Posted by dwdhockey View Post
    I applied for CCW in Philly back in May and its August now. Its now pushing 10 weeks? Has anyone else had it take this long or more? Just trying to see whats going on here or if its typical.
    It took right around 9 weeks for me: I started in May as well.

(Montgomery County)

Must be something about the month... Last year when I decided to get one, I started in May and got the letter to pick it up on September 1st.
    - May the forCZe be with you.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dwdhockey View Post
    Here's what I did -- it might work for you.

After the 9 week point, when my current CCW was mere days from expiring, I tried calling for status, and of course they won't give status over the phone.

So, during lunch break, I drove out to 10th and Spring Garden and asked about my status at one of the windows. The officer there said it was "basically done" but they hadn't gotten around to mailing out the "come pick it up" postcard. I got the feeling that the factual part of the application was complete, but they don't feel compelled to finish up the process swiftly. It could easily have taken another week or more before the postcard arrived.

So if you just show up, they may decide to get it over with and issue it on the spot. It might be worth a trip.

(Philadelphia County)

I stopped down on the 45 day from application. I reminded them that the law states after 45 days you MUST issue or DENY the application. I had no reason for denial. They tried to tell me the law meant 45 business days. I stood my ground and called the state police right there.

I was issued my permit on the spot. They had a major attitude. Acting as if they were doing me a favor by complying with the law.

Greg

Good for you! You should follow up with a complaint to the AG
    FUCK BIDEN

(Philadelphia County)

i got mine in 2 weeks....

(Tioga County)

It would seem to me that if you could togather together a bunch of people that have applied at about the same time. you could wait 45 days and start a class action suit against the Chief, city etc. as a class action suit your individual cost would be small. in the suit you could get a judge to force them to obey the law, plus damages and costs of course. Place an add in a local paper? put the word out on the internet, post flyers at local ranges. that sort of thing. you might get a lawyer to do it pro bono but I wouldn't bet on it. Best chance there is a lawyer/ politician that has it in for the present administration in philly. the object here is to embarrass the ass get as much bad press as you can manage. you would ask for the moon just to get it in court then it would be ok to settle once you have milked it for as much as you can get out of it. naturally you let the administration know if they back slide they will be back in court. get enough press and I think you will see the other sheriffs fall in line. heck if you can milk them for enough you could use it for a war chest for other suits.